PSoC creator doesn't start

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlPa_4620786
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I only can start the PSoC creator after start the PC (Windows 10 64bits and PSoC Creator 4.2). If I start any other program, when I try to start PSoC, it does nothing. The same things occurs if I try to open a new instance of PSoC or if I close it and I try to open again. If I close the PSoC by error, I need to restart the PC to open it again.

This week I was uninstalled the PSoC creator 4.2 and I was installed it again and the issues continues here.

Anyone had the same problem and know how fix it.

Thanks you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi AlPa_4620786,

Do you have an anti-virus running on your system? Or a firewall? Can you please let me know if there is anything that might be blocking the PSoC Creator from running? In one of the previous cases where a similar issue was observed, disabling the anti-virus did the trick. Can you please disable the anti-virus and firewall and let me know if that helps? If you are executing PSoC Creator using VPN please also try after disabling the VPN.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi AlPa_4620786​,

Can you please provide the following information -

1. Was this issue observed from the beginning or did you start observing it recently? If it was observed recently, can you please let me know when you started observing the issue?

2. Are you running PSoC Creator with any other application like VS Code in parallel?

3. Do you observe the same issue in PSoC Creator 4.3?

4. Does PSoC Programmer function as expected?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi RakshithM_16

Thanks for reply me.

1.- I was find this issue 2 weeks ago.

2.- No, sometimes I use notepad++ for view some code files, but is not always open.

3.- I'm not use PSoC Creator 4.3, all my team use 4.2 and I cannot change.

4.- Yes, when it start, It works fine.

Thanks. BR.
Alejandro

0 Likes

Hi AlPa_4620786​,

Can you please try the debug steps mentioned in this thread and let me know if that helps?

PSoC Creator 4.2 does not start anymore

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi RakshithM_16

I have followed all the steps to reinstall the application as it says in that post, but the error is still present.

Thanks,

Alejandro

0 Likes

Hi AlPa_4620786,

Do you have an anti-virus running on your system? Or a firewall? Can you please let me know if there is anything that might be blocking the PSoC Creator from running? In one of the previous cases where a similar issue was observed, disabling the anti-virus did the trick. Can you please disable the anti-virus and firewall and let me know if that helps? If you are executing PSoC Creator using VPN please also try after disabling the VPN.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi RakshithM_16

I am testing with the anti-virus deactivated and PSoC creator starts fine. I use a McAfee anti-virus and we contact with McAfee to try to solve.

Thanks for your time

Best Regards

Alejandro

0 Likes