Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

My project needs to generate different configurations by adding  certain #define statements at the app level. We would like to be able to automate the build process so we need to pass these configurations from the command line. I got this sort of working by modifying the wiced Makefile and the application .mk file but it only works when the project is rebuilt or the app .mk file is edited (changes the timestamp).

Obviously i could add -B to make.exe to force all files to be rebuilt but this is time consuming with the size of the WICED.

Is there a way i can force the app .mk file do it can be rebuilt/reprocessed if the timestamp has not changed?

I am on Windows so doing something like $(shell touch ... ) to force the timestamp to change is not applicable unless certain dependencies are installed.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

As far as I know, make works on the timestamp idea. Don't think there is a way other than -B to re-compile disregarding the timestamp.

Sorry for the disappointing answer but you can make some source libraries (which is not usually touched upon) into .a file(s) and see if that helps with the re-compile time of WICED.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

As far as I know, make works on the timestamp idea. Don't think there is a way other than -B to re-compile disregarding the timestamp.

Sorry for the disappointing answer but you can make some source libraries (which is not usually touched upon) into .a file(s) and see if that helps with the re-compile time of WICED.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing but wanted another opinion. I will fallback to making global defines changes in the app makefile as I cannot tolerate rebuilding every time with the -B option.

0 Likes