Migrate to CY8C62X8,CY8C62XA from CY8C6247FTI-D52T

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I am using the 1MB flash WLCSP PSoC62 part CY8C6247FTI-D52T and I plan to migrate to the WLCSP CY8C62X8,CY8C62XA with 2MB flash.  What are the differences between the 2 products?  I am only interested in the extra flash/RAM size and I don't want to change anything else if possible.  Can I use the same software project I created in PSoC Creator 4.2/4.3 and change the device in the device selector only?  I do not want to use Modus Toolbox.  Another post in the community said the 2MB parts will be available in May.  Is this still the schedule?

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

>>"I am using the 1MB flash WLCSP PSoC62 part CY8C6247FTI-D52T and I plan to migrate to the WLCSP CY8C62X8,CY8C62XA with 2MB flash.  What are the differences between the 2 products?"

-->PSoC Creator doesn't support CY8C62X8,CY8C62XA family devices. You have to use Modus Toolbox 2.1 for application development of this device family.

>>"Can I use the same software project I created in PSoC Creator 4.2/4.3 and change the device in the device selector only?"

--> Please note that Dual core support is not yet direct in Modus Toolbox 2.1 . So you cannot directly port the project from PSoC Creator to Modus Toolbox 2.1 in case you are using both the cores in PSoC Creator 4.2/4.3 .Other than this the APIs will be same for both the IDEs since they both use PDL.

>>" Another post in the community said the 2MB parts will be available in May.  Is this still the schedule?"

--> To be answered.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

>>"I am using the 1MB flash WLCSP PSoC62 part CY8C6247FTI-D52T and I plan to migrate to the WLCSP CY8C62X8,CY8C62XA with 2MB flash.  What are the differences between the 2 products?"

-->PSoC Creator doesn't support CY8C62X8,CY8C62XA family devices. You have to use Modus Toolbox 2.1 for application development of this device family.

>>"Can I use the same software project I created in PSoC Creator 4.2/4.3 and change the device in the device selector only?"

--> Please note that Dual core support is not yet direct in Modus Toolbox 2.1 . So you cannot directly port the project from PSoC Creator to Modus Toolbox 2.1 in case you are using both the cores in PSoC Creator 4.2/4.3 .Other than this the APIs will be same for both the IDEs since they both use PDL.

>>" Another post in the community said the 2MB parts will be available in May.  Is this still the schedule?"

--> To be answered.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Answering the last unanswered question:

Yes we expect it to be available by the end of Q2 2020 tentatively.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes