Re: Load via I2C

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Do you mean download the firmware? You'll need a USB to I2C chip. With EZ-PD Configuration Utility, you'll be able to download the .cyacd firmware file. You can refer to the mother board of CY4532:

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31

Hi,

In order to do that you'll need the HPI spec for CCG4. However, these files can only be discovered under NDA currently. You need to contact Cypress local sales.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PaVo_4660581
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, that is not what I am looking for.  I have a HW board that has an I2C interface to the parts.  I have custom code on the parts.  I want to be able to load new hex files into the parts from a general purpose processor over the I2C interface to the cypress part.  the GPP is the master and the cypress parts are the slaves.  I am looking for SW examples for both the GPP and the cypress parts on how to program the devices over the I2C interface.  Parts I am using include CYPD-4225-40LQ and CYPD-4226-40LQX.

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

In order to do that you'll need the HPI spec for CCG4. However, these files can only be discovered under NDA currently. You need to contact Cypress local sales.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes