CYW43907 special firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeBa_4539786
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hello,

we want to use PHY Layer Information (CSI - channel state information, to be specific) from CYW43907. We figured that we would need a special firmware for the wifi-part of the chip. Is this in any way possible? If so what do we need to be legally allowed to do this and use it in a commercial product?

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi SeBa_4539786

There's no firmware support for CSI on 43907.

You can refer to CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems to obtain information about parameters like rssi.

Here's another thread Access to WiFi PHY layer information such as channel state information (CSI), etc. dealing with the same.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi SeBa_4539786

There's no firmware support for CSI on 43907.

You can refer to CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems to obtain information about parameters like rssi.

Here's another thread Access to WiFi PHY layer information such as channel state information (CSI), etc. dealing with the same.

Thanks

0 Likes

I got that there is no firmware support for CSI. What if I create a special firmware myself that does supply CSI and I want to use that firmware commercially, do I need a special license for this?

Regards

0 Likes

Please contact local sales for further clarity regarding this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes