Found Issue with ModusToolbox 2.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

I recently downloaded ModusToolbox (MTB) 2.1.

Moved some MTB  project into it.  Seems to work.

I copied a project already in the workspace to the same workspace with another name.  So far so good.

When I went into Library Manager 1.1,

• I deselected CY8CPROTO-063-BLE
  • Selected CY8CKIT-062-BLE and CY8CPROTO-062-4343W
  • Selected "Apply".
  • The Lib updates are occurring however:
    • Libs for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W show up in Libs directory.
    • Libs for CY8CPROTO-063-BLE are STILL in Libs directory.
    • Libs for CY8CKIT-062-BLE are NOT in Libs directory.
  • Note: CY8CPROTO-063-BLE was the Active BSP:
  • I exit the Library Manager.
  • I enter back into the Library Manager.

Here is a window snip of Library Manager.

pastedImage_4.png

I don't know if this problem existed with MTB 2.0.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi LePo_1062026​,

I was able to recreate the same issue by following the steps. Basically in the makefile the TARGET is set to CY8CPROTO-063-BLE and when you deselect the kit in the library manager references to the kit files are removed. Thus, the Reading project information step is failing as it is trying to find the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE as the active target but it is only able to find CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

As a workaround you can change the TARGET in the makefile to one of the kits that is selected and then open Library Manager. This reads the project information again, sets the Active BSP in the Active BSP field and Library Manager opens as expected. Can you please try this out and let me know if this works for you?

Libs for CY8CKIT-062-BLE are NOT in Libs directory.

When I followed the steps the CY8CKIT-062-BLE folder was created in the libs folder as shown -

pastedImage_5.png

Can you please confirm this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi LePo_1062026​,

I was able to recreate the same issue by following the steps. Basically in the makefile the TARGET is set to CY8CPROTO-063-BLE and when you deselect the kit in the library manager references to the kit files are removed. Thus, the Reading project information step is failing as it is trying to find the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE as the active target but it is only able to find CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

As a workaround you can change the TARGET in the makefile to one of the kits that is selected and then open Library Manager. This reads the project information again, sets the Active BSP in the Active BSP field and Library Manager opens as expected. Can you please try this out and let me know if this works for you?

Libs for CY8CKIT-062-BLE are NOT in Libs directory.

When I followed the steps the CY8CKIT-062-BLE folder was created in the libs folder as shown -

pastedImage_5.png

Can you please confirm this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Rakshith,

Thank you again.

Reassigning the TARGET to an existing loaded BSP in the MakeFile did work to fix the issue.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes