C++ support in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

Are there any plans to support C++ in PSoC Creator? I'm able to compile c++ using this method (https://blog.mbedded.ninja/programming/microcontrollers/psoc/using-cplusplus-with-psoc-creator/ ), but the IDE just highlights everything in red, thus making it useless for development.

Thanks,

Fred

1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Fred,

There are no plans currently to support C++ in PSoC Creator. Also, there is no official support for C++.

The compilation will work with a few tweaks since the GNU Arm Toolchain allows you to compile C++ as well. That is why you see it compiling successfully, but the IDE doesn't recognize C++.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Fred,

There are no plans currently to support C++ in PSoC Creator. Also, there is no official support for C++.

The compilation will work with a few tweaks since the GNU Arm Toolchain allows you to compile C++ as well. That is why you see it compiling successfully, but the IDE doesn't recognize C++.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Thanks Dheeraj, that's what I was thinking.

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Fred,

Do you have a simple Creator project using c++ that you can share?

I'm a curious guy.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Hi Len,

I don't have a project, as I didn't pursue C++ on Creator once I figured how horrible development would be with it. I did manage to compile C++ files using the method posted in my first link.

0 Likes