cyusb_linux does not receive bulk transfers.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuCu_4098176
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Using the same hardware and firmware sending from FX3 to the PC,

the cyusb_linux does not receive bulk transfers  (all other stuff work perfect).

while the USB-Control-Centre in Windows receives the bulk transfers perfectly.

cyusb_linux show a 0 bytes count and a blank window. It appears to retrieve the data

and empty the buffers but keep showing 0 bytes and blank window.

Does anybody experienced this /  has a solution, or a hint for me to check ?

Many Thanks.

Luis C.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Luis,

Did you mention the Size of transfer in the "Size(bytes)" Text box while doing an IN transfer? Please give the IN transfer Size (512 when compared with windows application) in the Size box and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Luis,

Can you please share a screen shot?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Dear Hemanth,

Here they are, note exact same hardware FX3+FPGA with a test code that writes

into the slave fifo, one machine in linux (recent version of Mint)

and one in a Windows7 machine.

Linux: (on the capture you see also de debug from the FX3 showing that 2 buffers were sent to the FX3

Hit receive button on the cyusb_linux and it displays 0 bytes and RX panel stays blank, never works no matter what I do)

Screenshot at 2020-04-11 00-59-32.png

Windows: (it always works)

Capture013332562.PNG

Thanks.

Luis C.

p.s. the cyusb_llinux installation suffered no code customization whatsoever, and the build/install was clean.

(form the actual SDK code I think there was just a need to change the name of the variable "error"...).

0 Likes

In addition, I confirm that I do receive bulk transfers without any problems on the same linux machine

with a piece of code I wrote (using libusb).

So indeed it seems there is something wrong with the cyusb_linux.

(and it is pretty much annoying jumping from machine to machine during the development when I

need to confirm things).

Any ideas ?

Luis C.

0 Likes

Hello Luis,

Did you mention the Size of transfer in the "Size(bytes)" Text box while doing an IN transfer? Please give the IN transfer Size (512 when compared with windows application) in the Size box and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

Many thanks to bring to my attention that when I made the screen capture the size is blank.

It may sound silly but I did not noticed that when I hit the receive button the the size(bytes) disappears !!!

I just made a reboot to the PC the number I write there stays there and all works fine.

(I think I lost the old habit of rebooting PC now that I use linux 😉

Many Thanks.

Luis C.

0 Likes