Change SDK Include Directories

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, I've updated the EZ-USB FX3 version to v1.3.4 recently.

Therefore, I want to update old SDK directories to latest v1.3.4, so I change the "Include directories" in Assembly & GNU C items

ps. Refer to the setting in SDK v1.3.4 ".\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulklpautoenum".

property old assembly.jpg

property old GNU C.jpg

property new assembly.jpg

fig. I've checked that I provided valid ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH} & ${FX3SDKVERSION} which is "1_3_4"

And then, I do "Clean Project" ->  "Build Project", but the SDK file path is still old version...

cyu3dma.h wrong path.jpg

Besides, in the Project Explorer, I found it still included OLD directories... And It CANNOT modify...

root path wrong.jpg

Do I miss something need to do?

Best regards,

Hughes

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Hughes,

Please do all these steps for your project in Cypress EZ-USB Suite:

1.) Press Alt+Enter (this will open the project setting dialog box).

2.) Firstly, add a Build Variable in the C/C++ Build > Build Variable tab as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

3.) Add the library include folder as below in C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > Assembly tab:

pastedImage_0.png

4.) Add the below settings only as below in the C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > GNU C tab:

pastedImage_1.png

I have added the above settings and after "Clean Project" ->  "Build Project" project, the final folders in the Project Explorer are as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

Please try these on your side and see if you notice the changes.

PS: Remove the entires of the old directory u3p_firmware/inc from the include folders and only keep the ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH} & ${FX3SDKVERSION}

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

4 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Hughes,

After changing the install path, Please confirm if you have changed the build variable from 1_3_3 to 1_3_4 as below:

pastedImage_0.png

Click on the entry value and you will get a pop-up as below:

pastedImage_2.png

And change the value from 1_3_3 to 1_3_4 and click OK -> Apply -> OK

This will change the build image from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 and will include the new SDK files.

"I've checked that I provided valid ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH} & ${FX3SDKVERSION} which is "1_3_4" "

-- The variable FX3SDKVERSION will be picked from the build variable value that you would need to change as above.

Please "Clean Project" ->  "Build Project" again and check for the include path -- the new path will be taken up by the SDK.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Dear Yashwant:

Thanks for your reply!

I've confirmed that I've set the correct FX3SDKVERSION path you mentioned.

In addition, the FX3_INSTALL_PATH is correct(if it's not, I cannot build example "cyfxbulklpautoenum" inside the SDK v1.3.4 installed directory).

system variables.jpg

After "Clean Project" & "Build Project", the project still use the OLD version SDK...

Therefore, I think there are other reasons for that...

The attached file is my project, would you please help me to check that?

Thanks a lot!

Hughes

0 Likes

Hello Hughes,

Please do all these steps for your project in Cypress EZ-USB Suite:

1.) Press Alt+Enter (this will open the project setting dialog box).

2.) Firstly, add a Build Variable in the C/C++ Build > Build Variable tab as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

3.) Add the library include folder as below in C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > Assembly tab:

pastedImage_0.png

4.) Add the below settings only as below in the C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > GNU C tab:

pastedImage_1.png

I have added the above settings and after "Clean Project" ->  "Build Project" project, the final folders in the Project Explorer are as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

Please try these on your side and see if you notice the changes.

PS: Remove the entires of the old directory u3p_firmware/inc from the include folders and only keep the ${FX3_INSTALL_PATH} & ${FX3SDKVERSION}

Regards,

Yashwant

Dear Yashwant:

Thanks for your instruction step by step!

Finally, I found out the reason:

I usually use release mode, so I ONLY change the configuration for Release.

After I do all the same setting to DEBUG mode, the IDE indicates to the 1.3.4 library finally!

debug.jpg

Thanks for your help!!

Hughes