Using HW encryption/decryption block directly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AmSa_4551891
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi ,

For an application without having the ability to pair with the device (since we are using one Master phone to scan multiple peripheral sensors), we would like to use application level encryption. I know that encryption and decryption using SW is very long , therefore usually using HW block for that. Is there any way which I can use the encryption/Decryption HW block directly ?

Couldn't find any reference for it online.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

In PSoC 4 there is no cryptography block or HW block for encryption. The entire BLE stack is implemented in flash including the security Manager protocol. So it is only possible to access the security features through BLE. We recommend you to do this because it is would be simple and hassle free to use BLE specific APIs.

Please go through attached reference projects.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Are you using PSoC 6 device? By HW encryption/decryption block do you mean Cryptography block?

If yes, please go through the code example "PSoC_6_MCU_Cryptography_AES_Demonstration ".

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce220465-psoc-6-mcu-cryptography-aes-demonstrati...

Hope this is what you are looking for. Else, kindly elaborate your requirements so that we can help you better.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
AmSa_4551891
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am using CY8C4128LQI-BL543 , I think it is PSOC4

0 Likes

Yes , I mean the Cryptography block, assuming that part of it is being implemented on HW

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

In PSoC 4 there is no cryptography block or HW block for encryption. The entire BLE stack is implemented in flash including the security Manager protocol. So it is only possible to access the security features through BLE. We recommend you to do this because it is would be simple and hassle free to use BLE specific APIs.

Please go through attached reference projects.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
AmSa_4551891
Level 2
Level 2

Hi ,

Thanks for quick reply. where is the attached reference?

0 Likes

Hi,

You can see two projects named CLIENT_CENTRAL_MASTER and SERVER_PERIPHERAL_SLAVE attached to my previous email.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes