parallel data bus CYW20719

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoMa_4662901
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

How to configure CYW20719 Data bus?

From the answer in the discussion above, it looks like we will have to read each pin respectively and combine them into an 8 bit data. It might be too slow as each bit will take a few instructions. Do we have a method to configure the pins to be read at once?

Thanks,

Yong

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

We do not support parallel bus data traffic in our chips.

Unless there is an addition HW support, we cannot perform parallel read just based on the firmware.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
YoMa_4662901
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I would rephrase my question another way.

I need to read an 8-bit data stream from a peripheral device as fast as possible. I hope that I can read 8 bits by one shot, with one cpu instruction or a few as necessary. Is there a way in hardware that allows me to wire the pins on the ARM bus respectively?

If not, how can I read each pin separately and combine them as fast as possible? I think I need to know the hardware GPIO base address, offset address for each pin, then read them within a single function to save instructions and branching of code. Can you please let me know the information? The library function call is for each pin, which is too in-efficient for my purpose.

Regards,

Yong

0 Likes

Hi,

We do not support parallel bus data traffic in our chips.

Unless there is an addition HW support, we cannot perform parallel read just based on the firmware.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you please share some information (or source code) about reading the pins? I am going to write code myself to read out each pin and combine them within a function.

Thanks,

Yong

0 Likes

Hi,

Source code is not available for public.

I would prefer you to use an appropriate hardware to do parallel - serial conversion which you can interface with cypress chip.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

Do you have register programming guide to share? When we call wiced_hal_gpio_get_pin_input_status to get the input value, the function must first find the register address, read the value, then return to the caller. If you give me the register mapping for GPIO, I can write code to read myself.

Thanks,

Yong

0 Likes

Hi,

We don't have such public documents.to share.

I would suggest you to use to use an appropriate hardware to do parallel - serial conversion then interface with Cypress chip.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj