windows generic usb hub driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrCz_1966736
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to reinstall the Windows drivers for the CY7C65631 USB hub. The issue is that it is coming up as an Unkown device, and Windows cannot find the appropriate driver for it. It did come up correctly as a USB hub before I uninstalled the driver, for which I am trying to debug a driver problem that has the same issue of not finding the correct Windows driver.

unknown-device.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Sananya

I found the issue, and it was related to the *.iic file that I am using. I went through the procedure of loading in the cypress usb drivers, updating the configuration of the hub, then updating the drivers through device manager. Problem fixed.

Thanks for the response by the way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

-Could you please let us know what the OS on your host is?

-Are you using a DVK or is it your custom board?

-Please also let us know if your are using the EEPROM for your custom descriptors or the default descriptors?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello Sanaya

I am using Windows 7 right now. This is a custom board that uses an external EEPROM.

0 Likes

Hello,

Could you please load the default *.iic present with Blaster utility on the EEPROM and check? Please also send us your schematic if that doesnt work.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Hello Sananya

I found the issue, and it was related to the *.iic file that I am using. I went through the procedure of loading in the cypress usb drivers, updating the configuration of the hub, then updating the drivers through device manager. Problem fixed.

Thanks for the response by the way.

0 Likes

Hello Sanaya

It has been a while since I used the software, and it looks like I am on the right path to fixing my issue. I reloaded the .iic file via the blaster and updated the device to get the windows usb hub drivers.

0 Likes