Disable TOC2 validity checks in Flashboot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrVa_4472456
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Is there a way to disable the TOC2 validity check within Flashboot during the boot sequence? I know there's a way to disable the app verification, wanted to see if there was something similar for the TOC2 area validation.

Thanks!

Bryan

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Bryan,

I assume that you are talking about a 62/63 part running in NORMAL mode.  If so, just make sure the TOC is empty.  Then flashboot will see TOC2 as invalid and assume that your vector table for the CM0+ starts at 0x1000_0000.  It will check the first two vectors, the Stack Pointer and the Reset Vector.  If they are both in valid areas of Flash and SRAM respectively, the device will execute at the reset vector location at 0x1000_0004 and ignore the TOC2.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Bryan,

I assume that you are talking about a 62/63 part running in NORMAL mode.  If so, just make sure the TOC is empty.  Then flashboot will see TOC2 as invalid and assume that your vector table for the CM0+ starts at 0x1000_0000.  It will check the first two vectors, the Stack Pointer and the Reset Vector.  If they are both in valid areas of Flash and SRAM respectively, the device will execute at the reset vector location at 0x1000_0004 and ignore the TOC2.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
BrVa_4472456
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Thank you! This is good information to have!

0 Likes