Systems hangs for about 40s and then reboots.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have issues/questions with the versions 3.4.0 / 3.5.2. Perhaps someone can dive into the topics and give a feedback.

- SDK 3.4.0 / 3.5.2

- If I use the MQTT-Client (mqtt.c) with a Raspberry PI as a broker it doesn't connect to the broker with FreeRTOS / Lwip. It hangs for about 40s and then reboots. I think it hangs by opening the tcp socket.

- If I use this setup with NetX/ThreadX combination it works as expected.

- SDK 3.4.0

- Sometime the system hangs sporadically for about 40s and then reboots. What could be cause for the hanging?

- Could it be a problem within the wifi firmware?

- Is there a callback function (interface for internal asynchronous call) to inform the user that the connection was lost?

Best regards

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi Mike,

We have realised there are some issues in FreeRTOS with LwIP, engineers are working on fixing these. Would suggest you to try ThreadX with NetX or NetX duo.

Thnx

vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi Mike,

We have realised there are some issues in FreeRTOS with LwIP, engineers are working on fixing these. Would suggest you to try ThreadX with NetX or NetX duo.

Thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Vik,

thanks for your feedback.

What could be the problem when the system hangs?

I have had situation within ThreadX/NetX where the system also hangs.

After 40s there is a reboot due to the watchdog I think so.

Is there a plan to integrate a newer LwIP-Version?

Best regards,

Mike

0 Likes

Hi Mike,

Could you provide more details related to you setup and the hardware used , where you noticed the reboot happening.

Yes there are plans of integrating newer LwIP

thnx

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Vik,

I've dived into and could find one simple way to get the system rebooting.

Steps:

• Standard mqtt.c (Version 3.5.2)
  • Raspberry PI with mosquitto broker
  • Set the WICED_MESSAGE_STR to 1500 Byte

System Files:

• 0x08000000  build\waf.bootloader-NoOS-BCM9WCDUSI09\binary\waf.bootloader-NoOS-BCM9WCDUSI09.bin
  • 0x08004000  build\snip.mqtt-BCM9WCDUSI09-ThreadX-NetX-SDIO\DCT.bin
  • 0x0800C000  build\snip.mqtt-BCM9WCDUSI09-ThreadX-NetX-SDIO\binary\snip.mqtt-BCM9WCDUSI09-ThreadX-NetX-SDIO.bin

Please find the attachment which contains a simple log trace and the modified mqtt source file.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I upload files?

0 Likes

I think vik86​ was asking for a description of the problem only.

Attachments are possible by clicking reply, then "use advanced editor". Once inside of the advanced editor, there is a small "attach" symbol in the lower right hand side of the reply window.

0 Likes