Why does PSoC Creator always compile everything?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GuNo_288966
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

In my project for CYBLE-416045-02 I have a problem.

Even if absolutely nothing is changed, when I press build or debug, Creator will always compile the complete code for the M4 processor. The code for the M0+ processor is correctly detected as unchanged:

--------------- Build Started: 03/10/2020 20:14:02 Project: CE212736_PSoC6BLE_FindMe, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

The code generation step is up to date.

The compile step is up to date, no work needs to be done.

The link step is up to date, no work needs to be done.

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -mcpu=cortex-m4  ......

(and lots of more output for cortex-m)

Normally Creator should do incremental builds. Why does this not work for the M4 part of the project?

It is really annoying because it takes a lot of time.

1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The issue was due to a header file being included from the Generated Source directory causing the recompile. Files in the Generated Source directory are already part of the build and do not need to be added again as part of the source files.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DheerajK_81

From the log I see that you are using the Code Example "CE212736_PSoC6BLE_FindMe". I used the same example targeting CYBLE-416045-02 and built the project. I am not able to reproduce your issue. Everything works fine for me as shown below:

--------------- Build Started: 03/11/2020 13:43:09 Project: CE212736_PSoC6BLE_FindMe01, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

The code generation step is up to date.

--------------- Build Succeeded: 03/11/2020 13:43:12 ---------------

Did you make any changes to the project or build settings? Please attach your project so that I can debug further.

Also, please provide information on the following:

(1) Windows OS version

(2) PSoC Creator version

(3) PDL version

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

The issue was due to a header file being included from the Generated Source directory causing the recompile. Files in the Generated Source directory are already part of the build and do not need to be added again as part of the source files.

Regards,

Dheeraj