Secure OTA upgrade ERROR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

in my project I tried to integrate the secure OTA update functionality following the document "WICED-Secure-Over-The-Air-Firmware-Upgrade.pdf".

I'm using the Android App "Smart OTA". It works fine with the "wiced_sense" project on my device,

but using my project on my device I could never connect with this App, so I can not start an upgrade or even read the version info.

My device is based on the BCM20737S and I'm working with the WICED SDK 2.2.2.

Without the opportunity of debugging the App and debugging my device it is not possible to solve the problem, before start the production next week I urgently need help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it works!

I used the UUIDs of the ota_firmware_upgrade example, the secure ota use different UUIDs.

The Smart OTA app works fine!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Not sure I follow.

It sounds like.

Android makes an application called Smart OTA.

You are using Smart OTA on your phone.

It connects fine to our device when you are running the default WICED Sense program on your custom board.

However, when you are running your own custom program on your custom board, it does not work.

This sounds like an Android issue.  Have you looked at the WICED Sense Android source code to see how OTA is handled within the WICED Sense Android application? 

david_armourboontjamesle1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be a problem with the Smart OTA app, it doesn't connect with my board.

It looks like the Smart OTA app only connects to wiced_sense, I will look at the source code of the App.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it works!

I used the UUIDs of the ota_firmware_upgrade example, the secure ota use different UUIDs.

The Smart OTA app works fine!

0 Likes

Thanks for reporting the solution back to the thread!

david_armourboontjamesle1

0 Likes