how to load ez ble firmware to 212006 Eval board using CY8CKit-042

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrSh_3615356
Level 1
Level 1

How I can upload hex file (ezble firmware) to 212006 module? I have CY8CKIT-042. I need this to start working on my prototyping project asap.

I have firmware downloaded to my computer. I have programmer installed also. Please guide.

I am not able to find any proper link which can guide me for the same. Later on I want to establish uart communication between Arduino and Bluefruit App.

Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Pratik,

You need to develop the application for it. If you are configuring the CYBLE-212006 module as GATT SERVER you need to send the notifications to the Client(mobile/PC).

In case if your module is Client and your mobile/PC is server, you need to write the characterisctic data from the PSoC module to the mobile/PC.

Please note that in both the above cases, you need to create a custom GATT profile with custom services and characteristics to implement BLE TX and RX buffers.

Please refer BLE-UART Day20 code example from 100 days 100 projects in BLE.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

Also, please find the attached Server and Client code examples which gives you an idea on the APIs to be used to send the data between Server and Client.

If you dont have enough time for your development process, you can also use the Ez-BLE firmware to program into the modules and use diectly. Please refer the Ez-BLE user guide from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

Kindly reply if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

1. You have to fix the EZ-BLE module 212006 on the CY8CKIT-042 module. Connect the kit to your PC.

2. You have to open the PSoC programmer GUI to program the 212006 module hex file into the actual module. Please refer PSoC programmer user guide from the link below for the steps to program the device:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/other-resources/psoc-programmer-user-guide

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks Ganesh,

But I don't get any lead there. In the pdf, it asks me to use MiniProg. There is no guideline if I can use on board programmer on CY8Ckit-042.

First of please suggest if I can program 212006 module using Cy8ckit? if yes please suggest device family and parameters. This will be a great help.

If not then I need to buy the Programmer.

Regards,

Pratik Shah

0 Likes

Hi Pratik,

I am guessing that you have EVAL but not module.

If you have CYBLE-212006 eval alone, you have to you need miniprog device to program the module.

but if you have cy8ckit-042 baseboard, you can use it to program the CYBLE-212006 eval. You just have to replace the ble module that comes with base board with the module you are using. The BLE modules are compatible with the CY8CKIT-042 baseboard.

You can directly program the module from PSoC Creator program option also. See PSoC Creator user guide for programming steps.

https://www.cypress.com/file/137441/download

Also, please go through CY8CKIT-042 kit guide also. This will show you how to replace the EVAL on the base board.

https://www.cypress.com/file/234851/download

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks Ganesh,

I am able to load .hex file into 212006 Eval board. However, I am not able to do UART communication with 212006. I am using Bluefruit App and checking the profile if I can do UART communication, but it is not showing me option to do UART communication with 212006.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Likes

Sorry, I think I need to use cysmart iOS to write. But not sure for reading?

Is there any console, where we can simply receive and send the data to Arduino via 212006?

I tried to get UART parameter but it receives unhandled packet.

Sequence: I start the serial with 115200. Send the following command

EZS_SEND_AND_WAIT(ezs_cmd_system_get_uart_parameters(), COMMAND_TIMEOUT_MS);

I receive following.

RX: unhandled packet: 02/1A

Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Pratik,

You need to develop the application for it. If you are configuring the CYBLE-212006 module as GATT SERVER you need to send the notifications to the Client(mobile/PC).

In case if your module is Client and your mobile/PC is server, you need to write the characterisctic data from the PSoC module to the mobile/PC.

Please note that in both the above cases, you need to create a custom GATT profile with custom services and characteristics to implement BLE TX and RX buffers.

Please refer BLE-UART Day20 code example from 100 days 100 projects in BLE.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

Also, please find the attached Server and Client code examples which gives you an idea on the APIs to be used to send the data between Server and Client.

If you dont have enough time for your development process, you can also use the Ez-BLE firmware to program into the modules and use diectly. Please refer the Ez-BLE user guide from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

Kindly reply if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes