I am using wicked sense tag and wicked smart sdk 2.2.1 to flash code into it. I am able to download and build the wicked_sense inbuilt app on my tag but not able to debug it. While dubugging I am getting an error that "Error in final launch sequence". can

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using wicked sense tag and wicked smart sdk 2.2.1 to flash code into it. I am able to download and build the wicked_sense inbuilt app on my tag but not able to debug it. While dubugging I am getting an error that "Error in final launch sequence". can you help me out of this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
The BCM2073XS family runs ThreadX under the hood. The application does not need to access the OS API because these are all abstracted to the simpler higher level API that the SDK exposes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED Sense is a simple Out of the Box Experience kit, and not really designed for true development work like the TAG3.

However, some have gotten debug to work on the board: WICED Sense debug with UART

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

(original quote)

WICED Sense is a simple Out of the Box Experience kit, and not really designed for true development work like the TAG3.

However, some have gotten debug to work on the board: WICED Sense debug with UART

I don't want to sound ungrateful for Broadcom's support or combative in general, but you've made this statement a number of times and it conflicts directly with what is in the marketing materials for the Sense.  If that is really the case, it should be stated that way on all of the Sense materials and not what you discover only by hunting the forums.

The second sentence of the web page: "It delivers complex technology in an easy-to-use and easy-to-understand development kit." (WICED Sense™ Bluetooth Smart Sensor Tag/Experience Kit - BCM9WICED_SENSE | Broadcom

From the first page of the Product Brief pdf: "Integrated software development kit (SDK) support using the WICED Smart SDK v2.1and above." Product Brief: WICED Sense™ Development Kit

Calling something a development kit and talking about access to the firmware SDK has a fairly standard understanding for most people.  It would be helpful if Broadcom could decide what it is

0 Likes

I am only familiar with debug output on our development board, the TAG3.

This is described in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

I will ask jakewtorres​ to comment as well.  I'm not sure if he has gotten debug output enable on our Demo Board.

The TAG3 board is definitely a better option for development.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this for debugging WICED Sense Kit:

1. Flash your WICED Sense kit.

2. Unplug your WICED Sense from computer.

3. Put a battery in, but hold it with your thumb.

4. Plug your WICED Sense back to computer.

5. Take the battery out from the WICED Sense.

sidenotes: make sure you are listening to the right com port.

James

0 Likes
The BCM2073XS family runs ThreadX under the hood. The application does not need to access the OS API because these are all abstracted to the simpler higher level API that the SDK exposes.

0 Likes