AWS IOT certificate and key load error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using WICED SDK 3.5.2 and was trying out the shadow demo app. However when I provide the certificate and the private key for AWS IOT from the browser (device_settings.html), the browser never completes the second upload.  I have tried uploading the certificate and the key in different order and I always face issues with the upload of the second file.

I am using dev kit BCM943362WCD8.

On further investigation I discovered that the browser doesn't get a response back for the second chunk of the second file. I looked at the demo code and upon some debugging I have narrowed down the problem to writing the security section to DCT. The code never returns from that call. Therefore the response code which is immediately after the DCT write code never gets executed and the browser never gets a response.

Has anyone faced the above issue? How did you solve it?

I have tried erasing the flash (see flash erase result below) with no success in running the shadow app.

> sam4s_flash erase_sector 0 2 5

sam4 does not auto-erase while programming (Erasing relevant sectors)

sam4 First: 0x00000002 Last: 0x00000005

Erasing sector: 0x00000002

Erasing sector: 0x00000003

Erasing sector: 0x00000004

Erasing sector: 0x00000005

erased sectors 2 through 5 on flash bank 0 in 0.214057s

Thanks

- Ajay

0 Likes
4 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi Ajay,

We have not tested this application on BCM943362WCD8 hardware, would suggest you to add download_apps in your make and give it a try. If you still issue let us know, we can help you out to debug this.

Thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vik86,

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried your suggestion. I still face the same issue. The demo app gets stuck at write to DCT.

- Ajay

0 Likes

we can look at this and let you know.

abirjepatil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @aidnani1,

Which files are you using as certificate's?

I got the demo working on BCM943362WCD1.

Please can you follow the following steps to get the demo working:-

1. Download the certificate and private key from amazon aws.

pastedImage_0.png

2. Rename the files.

Rename xxxxx-certificate.pem.crt to client.cer and xxxxx-private.pem.key to privkey.cer

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

3. Use the privkey.cer and client.cer in the shadow application.

This should work with BCM943362WCD8 and Wiced 3.5.2.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

AB

0 Likes