Digital output

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YuCh_3947976
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,I'm using CY8CKIT-044 now,and I set the jumper to 5V.

I want to control the output voltage,but it just can set 0 or 1(High or Low),can I adjust the value in region what I want?

maybe use the component,like PWM ...

and next question is that can I use control register to control external voltage?

like the below pic,input voltage from Pin_A and output to Pin_B

pastedImage_1.png

if you have any sample project about these questions,please provide to me,Appreciate!

• Add to Phrasebook
    • No word lists for English -> Traditional Chinese...
    • Create a new word list...
  • Copy?
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

i think first requirement for you is to have an analog output on the pin. There are multiple ways to achieve the same in PSoC. One method is to use an IDAC and a resistor. You may have to buffer the output using an opamp before taking it outside. But if you don't want to use analog components, you can always use a PWM component and adjust the duty cycle in such a way that the resultant voltage is what you want. You have to use RC Low Pass filter stage in between.

Regarding the second question, yes you can control digital output pins using control registers.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

i think first requirement for you is to have an analog output on the pin. There are multiple ways to achieve the same in PSoC. One method is to use an IDAC and a resistor. You may have to buffer the output using an opamp before taking it outside. But if you don't want to use analog components, you can always use a PWM component and adjust the duty cycle in such a way that the resultant voltage is what you want. You have to use RC Low Pass filter stage in between.

Regarding the second question, yes you can control digital output pins using control registers.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

0 Likes