use custom app button on miniprog4 for programation automatization of a cyble 222014

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VaFl_4649796
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello;

I would like to use the custom app button on miniprog4 for programation automatization of a cyble 222014.

I would like that the custom app button may start

arasing

progrmming

verifying

How can I do to succeed this operation.

could you help me please?

do I have to write a script? can you explain me the right way to do that please?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi VaFl_4649796​,

If you want to just automate programming the device then you can use the following methods -

1. Use ppcli.exe. You can provide a script to the ppcli tool as mentioned in this thread - Miniprog 4 & CLI /ppcli.exe OpenPort Fehler and program the device.

2. You can use the example codes shared with the PSoC Programmer installation and modify the script based on your requirements. The example scripts are found in the directory - <PSoC_Programmer_installation_directory>\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\

By default the example codes are in this directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD

For further information regarding these please refer to the documentation provided with PSoC Programmer (mainly PSoC Programmer CLI User Guide and PSoC Programmer COM User Guide). You can find them in this directory - <PSoC_Programmer_installation_directory>\Documents\

If the PSoC Programmer is installed in default directory then - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Documents\

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi VaFl_4649796​,

If you want to just automate programming the device then you can use the following methods -

1. Use ppcli.exe. You can provide a script to the ppcli tool as mentioned in this thread - Miniprog 4 &amp; CLI /ppcli.exe OpenPort Fehler and program the device.

2. You can use the example codes shared with the PSoC Programmer installation and modify the script based on your requirements. The example scripts are found in the directory - <PSoC_Programmer_installation_directory>\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\

By default the example codes are in this directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD

For further information regarding these please refer to the documentation provided with PSoC Programmer (mainly PSoC Programmer CLI User Guide and PSoC Programmer COM User Guide). You can find them in this directory - <PSoC_Programmer_installation_directory>\Documents\

If the PSoC Programmer is installed in default directory then - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Documents\

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello RakshithM_16;

I have modify the exemple script .cli but i think I have forget a step to program my Cyble222014. I'm not an expert in this domain.

can you explane to me why Acquire Program and verify return error please?

Thanks

Florent

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Hi VaFl_4649796​,

Please refer to the document that I have attached with this comment. I would suggest you to first use ppcli tool to execute commands individually and then once the sequence of commands are working you can create your script.

To do this double click on ppcli.exe and you can type in the API calls and it will give you the return status.

can you explane to me why Acquire Program and verify return error please?

The APIs that you have used are for PSoC 1 devices. Please refer to Table 1-1. PSoC Programmer APIs, page 11 of the attached document for APIs supported for your device.

Also, you need to configure the programming mode, programming frequency etc., as shown in the images below -

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_7.png

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello; realy thanks for your help.

I have now configure the programing mode but I don't know witch comand i have to use just for programing. When I program with PSOC Programmer; I have a good issue but I want to program with comand line because the miniprog4 CY8CKIT-005 will be integreted in a test bench that will run scripts.

program seems to be a wrong comand for my miniprog4 or there is a missing in the config?  What comand do i have to use to program my chip from my hex file? I don't anderstand the CLI documentation for this point.

best regards

Florent

"sorry for my bad english"  

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hi VaFl_4649796,

As you have rightly noticed, the command Program and EraseAll return an error when used with a PSoC 4 device. This is because Program and EraseAll are PSoC 1 specific APIs. For a PSoC 4 device you need to use these APIs -

pastedImage_0.png

So instead of EraseAll you need to use PSoC4_EraseAll and instead of Program you need to use PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex. As the API name suggests it programs a single row of flash. So to program all rows of flash you need to use this APIs as many times as the number of rows in flash. The  PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex takes in rowID as attribute. So to program 0th row the API call will be PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex 0x00.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Happy to help,

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes