Share HX3 external EEPROM unuse portion?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mitchell_shen
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Could use HX3 external EEPROM unused portion?
If use 16KB EEPROM, what's offset address can be share?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Mitchell,

HX3 will read the EEPROM once at power on when set in I2C boot mode. It will only write to it using Blaster Plus tool when bound to vendor driver. While writing to the EEPROM, the time will depend on the I2C frequency, whether configuration or firmware is being written etc and can be checked using the Blaster Plus tool. While reading, the total time to boot up is around 200 ms (complete firmware loaded) or 5 ms (configuration loaded).

In I2C slave mode, HX3 wont have any default configuration and will wait for external master to write the configuration before running and booting up. Yes, the master will have to write the data on each power on since this data is directly copied to the RAM.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please confirm if you would like to use the unused part of EEPROM connected to HX3 for some other purpose? The HX3 performs firmware write to EEPROM at address 0x0000 by default. Based on the size of the firmware or configuration you write to the EEPROM, the remaining part could be used for any other purpose.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Mitchell_shen
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hi Sanaya,

Yes, we would like to use the unused part of EEPROM with other I2C master.

Does HX3 only read once eeprom at power on?

What's condition HX3 will write EEPROM? Is only write on Blaster software use?

What's suggestion time frame to access EEPROM of other I2C Master?

By the way,

When HX3 use I2C slave mode,

When HX3 power on, Is it running on default configuration then wait external I2C Master write new configuration?

Or is it wait external I2C master write configuration complete then running?

And I2C master need write configuration data at each HX3 power on? like RAM register?

Best Regards,

Mitchell

0 Likes

Hi Mitchell,

HX3 will read the EEPROM once at power on when set in I2C boot mode. It will only write to it using Blaster Plus tool when bound to vendor driver. While writing to the EEPROM, the time will depend on the I2C frequency, whether configuration or firmware is being written etc and can be checked using the Blaster Plus tool. While reading, the total time to boot up is around 200 ms (complete firmware loaded) or 5 ms (configuration loaded).

In I2C slave mode, HX3 wont have any default configuration and will wait for external master to write the configuration before running and booting up. Yes, the master will have to write the data on each power on since this data is directly copied to the RAM.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes