SD Card Library for PSoC 6 using PSoC Creator 4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuNa_4652896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hello..

I would like to know if there is any fully functioning library for PSoC  BLE using the PSoC Creator 4.3 IDE.

EDIT: I have found this link. PSoC 6 Peripheral Driver Library: SD Host (SD Host Controller)

But lots of libraries seem to be missing. Can someone shed some light how to implement this example?

DheerajK_81

Thank you

1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Attaching the project as the link does not work post-migration.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello MuNa_4652896​,

As the device does not have a fixed SDHC block there is no official library/driver support.

The newer 2MB and 512kB flash devices have fixed SDHC blocks and this can be used to interface with the SD Card.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

May I know what devices support SDHC?

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi MuNa_4652896,

I have no problem using it at all, but I don't know how to integrate it into my PSoc project. Can you shed some light in this?

FatFS is a file support system. A driver layer to interface the SD Card will still be needed. So, you need to send out the SD Card SPI commands according to the SD Card spec using the PSoC 6 SPI SCB block. After this you need to link the FatFS library with the SPI API calls. Please refer to this thread for further information - Porting FatFs to PSoC 6

May I know what devices support SDHC?

You can checkout CY8CPROTO-062-4343W​. Please refer to this thread for further information regarding the use of SDHC - Re: CY8CPROTO-062-4343w SD card

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
MiRo_1387756
Level 2
Level 2
First question asked First reply posted First like received

Hi MuNa,

what about to use e.g. FatFs - Generic FAT Filesystem Module based on PSoC's SCB's pure SPI communication?

Of course' it's slower than SDHC, but works well with all PSoCs.You can find a lot of examples in the www.

Regards,

Mic Roller

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I have no problem using it at all, but I don't know how to integrate it into my PSoc project. Can you shed some light in this?

0 Likes
CaKu_4284131
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

I have FreeRTOS+FAT (FreeRTOS+FAT DOS Compatible Embedded FAT File System ) running on PSoC® 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-pioneer-kit-cy8ckit-062-ble ) on SD Card(s) driven by SPI(s), as a PSoC Creator 4.3 project. I made a custom FreeRTOS+FAT Media Driver based on SDBlockDevice - APIs | Mbed OS 5 Documentation​.

I've been thinking about putting it on GitHub if I can get it organized. I don't think it's as simple as archiving my project and uploading it, since it includes some MIT* source files: (https://sourceforge.net/p/freertos/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/FreeRTOS-Labs/Source/FreeRTOS-Plus-FAT/ ) I haven't found a great way to reference external source libraries from PSoC Creator without pulling them into the project.

It is still something of a prototype:

EDIT:

* ... or is it Real Time Engineers ltd., or Amazon Web Services?

0 Likes

I am following up at another thread in FreeRToS Community.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi MuNa,

please find attached an example using CY8CPROTO-063-BLE with CYBLE-416045-02.

I have included FatFS from Elm-Chan, and the SD card is accessed by standard SPI (not SDHC).

After reset the card's directory is shown via UART 115200 8N1.

Probably this examples helps you.

Regards

Mic Roller

Hi Miro...

I am sorry, But I cannot find it. May you include a link to this example as a reply?

Thank you

0 Likes
lock attach

Attaching the project as the link does not work post-migration.

0 Likes

I have placed my FreeRTOS+FAT/SD/SPI/PSoC63 example PSoC Creator 4.3 project on GitHub at carlk3/FreeRTOS-FAT-CLI-for-PSoC-63​.

0 Likes
ViDv_264506
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hi Mic Roller,

many thanks for Your example.

Regards

Viktor

0 Likes