Question about transferring data from PC to FPGA by USB3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuLe_4663291
Level 1
Level 1

Use control center to send three 2M files b0.bin, b10.bin, b100.bin, where b0.bin, b10.bin can succeed, and b100.bin fails. The data in b0.bin is all 0, the data in b10.bin is a cycle from 0 to 9, and the data in b100.bin is a cycle from 0 to 99. Why is this happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You can change the DMA channel to AUTO and check if the file is transferred successfully from the control center side.

Also, please let me know if you are altering the example firmware from the SDK. If yes, can you share the project.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know which firmware you are using. Are you sending the files one after the other, if yes try sending only the b100.bin file through the control center.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

The firmware that I use is slfifoasync . One time I only sent one file through the control center and the failure rate is 100%.The operating system of my computer is win10. When I do the same operation on win7, I find that the success rate of sending b100.bin is about 50%.

Thanks,

HU LEI

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

When I do the same experiment on win7 and send 2M file b255.bin, the failure rate is 100%. The data in b255.bin is a loop from 0 to 255. I also found that no matter win7 or win10, we can send b255.bin file using usb2.0 port. But my purpose is to send data using usb3.0. Based on the above phenomena, what problems may exist? Hope to get your feedback soon.

Thanks,

HU LEI

0 Likes

Hello,

You can change the DMA channel to AUTO and check if the file is transferred successfully from the control center side.

Also, please let me know if you are altering the example firmware from the SDK. If yes, can you share the project.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes