CCG4M SDK Bootloader Creation

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Regarding KBA219845 @ https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-13701

I tried to work through KBA219845 and ran into questions with step 5.

Step 5 appears to be setting the project to align with the correct bootloader. Since a project doesn’t exist for a CCG4M part, this KBA has the user start with a similar CCG4 part. My experience with bootloaders is the Bootloadable file has to match the exact Bootloader file. As such, I’m not clear why the instructions are telling me to change from a single port CCG4 (CYPD4126) to a dual port CCG4 (CYPD4226) when I’m targeting a single port CCG4M (CYPS4155).

Can someone verify the procedure in step 5 and add some explanation??

If the instructions are correct, I’m not clear on how to find the Bootloader for the CYPD4226 when I’ve only loaded a project for CYPD4126. Was I supposed to load all projects?

P.S. I don’t see an option to reply or comment on the KBA at the website. Should there be an option for comment? I only found an option for feedback that lets me click on an emotion emoji.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Greg,

This documentation will have a change in few days. Appreciate so much for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Greg,

This documentation will have a change in few days. Appreciate so much for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Lisa