Bootloader mode upgrad user app.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
yach_4179311
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

dear sir

The function of my project is to transfer user app through uart, and update user app to flash  in bootloader mode.

Now the function of jump to user app in bootloader mode is normal, but when updating user app, I don't know how to get the burning address of user app, Do you have similar examples for me.

Attached is my project.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

I hope you want to keep your application to a known location. For this purpose you can use the Manual application image placement option.

pastedImage_0.png

This will manually place the bootloadable application to any flash row above the bootloader image and below the metadata area of flash as shown in figure.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Vasanth

Hi,

I hope you want to keep your application to a known location. For this purpose you can use the Manual application image placement option.

pastedImage_0.png

This will manually place the bootloadable application to any flash row above the bootloader image and below the metadata area of flash as shown in figure.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

sir

If the address is set automatically, is there any interface that can get this address

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

You can calculate the placement address by multiplying the number of the flash row (starting fromwhich the image is placed) by the flash row size and adding the result to the flash base address. Align the placement address to the flash row size. See the Flash and EEPROM chapter of the System Reference Guide for details about flash memory organization.

You can get the first available row for the bootloadable application from the associated <project>.cyacd file when the Manual application image placement option is disabled or can be reported by the Get Flash Size command.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

hi sir

If manually place metadata area of flash, will it be covered?

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi ,

Metadata is last row of flash by default. What are you trying to achieve by manually placing it?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

I'm worried about whether the app program will overwrite the metadata if it's very large after I set it manually.

Does the compiler report an error?

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

Metadata being on the last row, that is the maximum code size you can get. Now regarding second question, Memory Overflow errors are reported during build. Make you bootloader project smallest as possible so you can get that maximum allowable size of the bootloadable project.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

KBA230026

0 Likes

OK,thank you

0 Likes