Data transfer from FPGA to FX3s

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DiMo_4607246
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

Can anyone help me to do data transfer from fpga to fx3s. Is there any example designs available. I tried using slavesyncfifo firmware(available in application note AN65974) with fx3s. Its not working. Let me know how to start with FX3S gpif .

Also Is there any way to do i2c eeprom programming to Fx3s. I tried with control center application. Its showing programming failed.

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please try the attached firmware with a 16-bit data bus and share the UART debug logs.

Please make sure the FPGA sends the data properly by checking for PROD_EVENTS in the DmaCallback to ensure that the FPGA is sending data to the p-port.

Please do the above and share the logs.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

FX3S has a GPIF-II interface that can be configured as either 8-bit or 16-bit.

Are you not going to use the SD interface of the FX3S and only going to use the GPIF interface?

Can you please share the screenshot of the control centre application where you see the "programming failed"?

Could you please elaborate your application?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable response.

First question

Actually I want to transfer streaming 8 bit data continuosly from fpga to FX3s.

I tried slavsyncfifo firmware(available in application note AN65974 in cypress webesite) for transfering continous data to fx3s. I loaded firmware using Control center application. Then I started data transfer using streaming application. But its is showing all transactions are failed.

So what changes do i need when I use fx3s instead of fx3?

I am not using SD interface.

second question

I Just wanted to use i2c eeprom method. For that I used eeprom programming method for loading image file into fx3. This programmng is failed. The reason why I using this is, If I programm eeprom, It will load that program whenever power up like in fx3.

Can you help me to get into the correct way of solving these issues...

Thank You

0 Likes

Hello,

1.) You will firstly have to change the GPIF state machine data bus width from 32-Bit to 8-Bit as i have shown below and then build it in the workspace where you have the project

You can change the build target location from: Build > Build Settings... > Change the Output Location

pastedImage_0.png

Also, in the firmware,  in cyfxslfifosync.h, change the following:

#define CY_FX_SLFIFO_GPIF_16_32BIT_CONF_SELECT (1)          to      #define CY_FX_SLFIFO_GPIF_16_32BIT_CONF_SELECT (0)

This will change the lppMode and the isDQ32Bit parameters in the IO matrix.

Please try these and see if you face any issues.

2.) Can you please try to program any other firmware into the I2C EEPROM and see if you get the same issue?

Please share your results.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Yashwant,

Thanks for your help.

I tried this with FX3. Its working fine. But I want to try with FX3S. The same firmware is not working with FX3S. Transfer in streamer application

showing failed.  Can you suggest some way to start with fpga to fx3s continous data transfer ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please try the attached firmware with a 16-bit data bus and share the UART debug logs.

Please make sure the FPGA sends the data properly by checking for PROD_EVENTS in the DmaCallback to ensure that the FPGA is sending data to the p-port.

Please do the above and share the logs.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes