WICED STUDIO 6.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrKa_4664221
Level 1
Level 1

I am very new to WICED Studio and downloaded WICED Studio 6.1.
Q.1 I want  memory footprint for entire stack for al connectivity ( wifi+ BT + BLE)?

Q.2 Where can i get examples for cloud connectivity over Wi- Fi

Can anyone please help me on this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi

If you are just starting out with WICED, i would suggest you to download the latest version of WICED  i.e., 6.4 since it would contain the latest updates and bug fixes.

Q.1 I want  memory footprint for entire stack for al connectivity ( wifi+ BT + BLE)?

--> Are you using WiFi + BT combo chips or are you using standalone chips. The memory footprint usually depends on the application that's under consideration. What you could do is run an empty application which would give you an idea of the memory footprint by default.

Q.2 Where can i get examples for cloud connectivity over Wi- Fi?

--> There are plenty of examples under /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/snip or /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo dealing with WiFi applications. For application examples regarding AWS you can refer to /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo/aws. If you are looking at Azure, you can look at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo/azure_iot_hub

Also here's a video series to start off with WICED WiFi : https://www.cypress.com/training/wiced-wi-fi-101-video-tutorial-series

The course material can be found at : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WW101_Files

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi

If you are just starting out with WICED, i would suggest you to download the latest version of WICED  i.e., 6.4 since it would contain the latest updates and bug fixes.

--> Are you using WiFi + BT combo chips or are you using standalone chips. The memory footprint usually depends on the application that's under consideration. What you could do is run an empty application which would give you an idea of the memory footprint by default.

Q.2 Where can i get examples for cloud connectivity over Wi- Fi?

--> There are plenty of examples under /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/snip or /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo dealing with WiFi applications. For application examples regarding AWS you can refer to /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo/aws. If you are looking at Azure, you can look at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo/azure_iot_hub

Also here's a video series to start off with WICED WiFi : https://www.cypress.com/training/wiced-wi-fi-101-video-tutorial-series

The course material can be found at : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WW101_Files

Thanks

0 Likes

Thank you for prompt help.
Could you please guide me for any code example(link) combining 3 protocols (Wifi+BT+BLE)
Or

how can integrate this 3 in one project? Any document or link.

0 Likes

You can look into /43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-BLE-WiFi-Introducer.pdf and the code at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo/ble_wifi_introducer

If you are looking at having 2 chips, i.e., one for BT and one for WiFi, you can look to start at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-Coexistence-App-Note.pdf

Thanks

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

If you are starting a new project, wouldn't you want to start with the latest release, version 6.4?

0 Likes