programming of I2C EEPROM failed for CYUSB3035 FX3S development board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DiMo_4607246
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I am using the FX3S DVK board (CYUSB3035) . I am using control centre application for programming the i2c eeprom. The eeprom programming is failed. What are the settings needed to do eeprom programming on FX3S.

I have 1 more doubt. If I programmed correctly, Which of the folllowing mode should select for booting from eeprom.

mode 1- I2C, On Failure, USB Boot is Enabled

mode 2- I2C only

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The FX3S FPGA DVK board has a 1024K EEPROM from Microchip which has a reversed device addressing when compared to the EEPROM present in FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

Please refer to the following KBA: Generate Bootable Image File for FX3 with I2C EEPROM - KBA218344

Please refer to 2. Eclipse IDE section and add the string "-i2cconf 0x1E" in the Build Steps as mentioned in the KBA and build the project again and load the image to the EEPROM.

I have verified this on my end and the Programming is succeeding.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Can you please confirm that you are able to see the "Cypress USB FX3 Bootloader Device" in the control centre before programming the EEPROM?

Also, when you click on "I2C EEPROM", can you see the "Cypress FX3 USB BootProgrammer Device" in the control centre followed by a pop-up asking for the .img file to program to the kit?

Can you please try the "Z11" PMODE configuration and program the FX3S and see if you notice any changes?

To answer your second question, you can use either of the two modes where mode 1 would have an advantage that if I2C EEPROM doesn't have an image, it will fallback to USB and you can program the device again.

Regards,
Yashwant

Hi ,

Thank you for your valuable information.

I can see "Cypress USB FX3 Bootloader Device" in the control centre before programming the EEPROM.

I can see the "Cypress FX3 USB BootProgrammer Device" in the control centre followed by a pop-up asking for the .img file to program to the kit.

pmode settings are in Z11 position as per the document. i have attached the photo with this reply.

Still showing programming eeprom failed.

I tried followng examples with fx3 as usb bootloader

I used gpif2usb example with fx3s. it is working. Slave sync fifo(In application note AN65974) is not working with fx3s.

Thank Youphoto_2020-03-18_19-02-01.jpg

0 Likes

Hello,

The FX3S FPGA DVK board has a 1024K EEPROM from Microchip which has a reversed device addressing when compared to the EEPROM present in FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

Please refer to the following KBA: Generate Bootable Image File for FX3 with I2C EEPROM - KBA218344

Please refer to 2. Eclipse IDE section and add the string "-i2cconf 0x1E" in the Build Steps as mentioned in the KBA and build the project again and load the image to the EEPROM.

I have verified this on my end and the Programming is succeeding.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes