help!the problem with generate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ViSh_3577471
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi:

unlock all pins and allow creator to automatically allocate during build,  but it also unable to find a soultion.MY question is wheater it means that I have no choice but to route some pins outside? In the second picture ,i route  some pins outside  then it build sucess.But ,i need route CH1 with CH1_1 either inside or outside by wire, because  they are the  same one in the off-chip circuit.

So how can i solve it?

thanks and regards,vick

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Vick,

Try modifying your design something like this.

pastedImage_0.png

You may have to use one additional comparator and one extra GPIO. Analog mux bus is a limited resource and when use with a continous time block you have to make sure that you are not overloading. You can also use the two LPcomparators instead of using different comparators too.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth

Hello Vick

The issue seems to be because the internal routing resource is not sufficient for your specified configuration. It can be either due to all your routing resources being exhausted or certain combination and components exhausted certain parts of the routing resources. For example if your configuration is such that more than 3 analog mux connections are required, but as in hardware only 2 muxes are available you will not be able to find a routing solution. You can check CYDWR-> Analog tab and see how the resources are spread and how connections are made on your selection and configuration of pins. You can try adjusting that. Another ways is to go to CYDWR -> Pins tab and unlock all pins and allow creator to automatically allocate during build. If routing solution is possible, creator will allow building of the project. If the design still fails, the routing you rneed will not be possible. In such cases double checking are doing anything that will bottleneck the whole design. Such as giving connecting mulptile GPIOs to a peripheral output which can be connected only to one, connecting two blocks which cannot be connected physically with the resources etc. CYDWR -Analog tab will give you an idea how to proceed in such cases. You may have to sacrifice additional GPIOs and route this signal outside the board in such cases.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

0 Likes

thanks ,I have  solved it by allocating the pin automatically

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth

When I add some  blocks in the design ,it build failed again . Then I route some pins outside,it works.I have no way to deal with it. Could you help me to check the error of analog routing. I have  upload  the project .

Thanks and regards,vick.

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Vick,

Try modifying your design something like this.

pastedImage_0.png

You may have to use one additional comparator and one extra GPIO. Analog mux bus is a limited resource and when use with a continous time block you have to make sure that you are not overloading. You can also use the two LPcomparators instead of using different comparators too.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes