cypress GX3 ethernet can't be recognized by macOS 10.15

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JALI_4640456
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,

I had the product Kensington SD 4600P. The ethernet chip is cypress GX3. I had upgraded FW yesterday (1.6.13.3),  But I found my Macbook Pro (macOS 10.15) couldn't recognize thunderbolt Ethernet. I reinstalled the driver on kensington website. And installation process failed. The driver is CYUSB3610, for macOS 10.6-10.11. So how could I solve the problem? or where could I get the latest driver for the chip (Cypress GX3) in SD 4600P ?  Thanks

8 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

The GX3 MacOS driver on the GX3 driver support page was compatible with 10.6-10.11 versions and there are some known issues with MacOS 10.15 Catalina.

We are looking into the matter and will release a driver for MacOs Catalina soon.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Please find the attached GX3 beta driver for MacOS Catalina (v 10.15).

This is not the final driver, but is being provided as an intermittent solution to the new version of MacOS.

The final release of the driver is not yet finalized.

Please install the driver following the programming guide that I have attached along with the interaction.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Thanks

But I tried to install the driver. But my macbook pro still didn't recognize the GX3.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share the following:

1.) Confirm that you have installed the driver without any issues and have restarted your MacBook, as mentioned in installation guide?

2.) Share the snapshot of Software -> Extensions -> CYUSB3610 page (as shown in figure 2-8 in installation guide)?

3.) Once, the installation of the driver is finished and the MacBook reboots, please delete the existing CYUSB3610 network interface and then create a new interface and follow the steps (11) and (12) in the installation guide.

4.) Share a snapshot of the network window once the interface is completed along with the network parameters in the systems information for CYUSB3610.

Please confirm the following so that I can understand what's going wrong.

I have tested the driver on my end and didn't find any issues before releasing it to you.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Thank you for your help.

1. I had installed my driver smoothly and reboot my macbook pro.

2. This is my snapshot of extension.

sanpshot_Extension.jpg

3. Network interference STILL NOT SHOW the CYUSB3610 network. And I couldn't add new interference. No item CYUSB3610 could chosen. I remember, the network interference in SD4600P is Thunderbolt Ethernet.

snapshot_network.jpg

snapshot_network infromation.jpg

4. snapshot of USB information of SD4600P.

snapshot_USB.jpg

Maybe the problem of my USB-c hub?

0 Likes

Hello,

I can see that the driver version that's installed is correct.

After the MacBook is restarted after installation of driver, have you connected the dock to your MacBook?

Before adding the interface (3) snapshot, have you connected the ethernet controller/ dock to the MacBook?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

I connected the dock to my macbook before macbook is restarted.

I connected the ethernet dock to my macbook before adding the interface.

I installed the driver but I think my macbook can't detect the ethernet port in my SD4600P.

0 Likes

Hello,

You have mentioned that the network interference in SD4600P is Thunderbolt Ethernet.

Are you able to add this interface after installing the driver on the Network interfaces page?

I am trying my best to get this issue resolved. Apologies for the delay.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes