CYPD5126-40LQXIT PD Function remove for customer design .

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Augustine_Yeh
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 sign-ins 5 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hi Cypress

Customer do not need PD circuit in CYPD5126 circuit , How to deal with it ? Can we direct delete it ? Do you have Any suggestions , Thank !!

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

You can remove this part from CCG5 peripheral circuit if you want to control the VBUS Gate from other EC. But you design should always follow the PD spec. For example, the VBUS voltage should be kept at Vsafe0V when no device is attached. If the customer is not familiar with Type-C PD design, I do not recommend they remove this part.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hello,

May I know which part in our reference schematic is "PD circuit"? 

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Augustine_Yeh
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 sign-ins 5 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hi Eddie

The CYPD5126-40LQXIT Pin 11/12/1/40 circuit for PD funcation as attached file

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

You can remove this part from CCG5 peripheral circuit if you want to control the VBUS Gate from other EC. But you design should always follow the PD spec. For example, the VBUS voltage should be kept at Vsafe0V when no device is attached. If the customer is not familiar with Type-C PD design, I do not recommend they remove this part.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes