Where is the die temp component for the PSOC 6 in PSOC Creator?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScKi_1600301
Level 2
Level 2

For the PSOC 4, it was under system.  It's not showing up yet the Resource Meter says that there should be one available.

0 Likes
1 Solution

ScKi_1600301

I downloaded CE220974 just now and build it successfully with PDL3.0.1, as reminded in the code exmaple guide doc.

By now I don't see any schedule to develop a DieTemp component for PSoC 6 in PSoC Creator. Therefore, you might need to refer to the handling process (the second configuration of SAR ADC) in CE220974 code for the usage of DieTemp.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Surely there is Die Temperature Sensor block inside PSoC 6. However, it is not shown as component format any more. The temperature sensor is switched ON only when it is connected to the positive input of the SAR ADC.

The temperature sensor output is routed to the positive input of SAR ADC via dedicated switches, which can be controlled by the sequencer, firmware, or digital system interconnect (DSI).

You may refer to Chapter39 of device TRM - https://www.cypress.com/file/385621/download for details of this block, and refer to code example ce220974​ for how to use it in FW.

Let me know if the above help.

0 Likes

So there's no way to do it in Creator, only through code?  On the PSoC 4, I could drop the component and connect it to either the scanning mux of the SAR or use the analog mux component which gives me complete control of analog pin placement.

0 Likes

I checked out CE220974 and the project won't build.  The second configuration of the SAR has an unconnected pin because it is handled in code.

Does anyone from Cypress have an example of using the DieTemp with PSoC Creator that works?

0 Likes

ScKi_1600301

I downloaded CE220974 just now and build it successfully with PDL3.0.1, as reminded in the code exmaple guide doc.

By now I don't see any schedule to develop a DieTemp component for PSoC 6 in PSoC Creator. Therefore, you might need to refer to the handling process (the second configuration of SAR ADC) in CE220974 code for the usage of DieTemp.

0 Likes

Scott,

I downloaded project CE220974 and built it for the CYPROTO-063-BLE kit.  It is running with no issues.

Let me take a guess as to the reason there is no DieTemp on the PSoC6 as there is on the PSoC3, PSoC4 and PSoC5.

On all other PSoCs, the DieTemp HW element in the architectures are route-able analog resources.  This allows the designer to select which ADC to use to read the DieTemp value.

On the PSoC6, the DieTemp is hardwired to channel 0 of the Scan_ADC component through a SW-controlled Mux.  Therefore it is virtually unroute-able as a user element in Creator.  Probably the practical way to expose the DieTemp element in the TopDesign is to have a selectable switch in the Scan_ADC configuration tabs.  Once DieTemp is selected, they could graphically show it in the TopDesign similar to the pic below.

pastedImage_0.png

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."