comunicate between PSoC 6 and PC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mayo_4653166
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello

I need a C# app ( Windows Form Application) to communicate between PSoC 6 and PC

Actually i want to send a text from PC and receive from Device

Please help me!

Thanks

Note: I can't use CySmart windows App because i don't have the special dongles!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

It is recommended to use only Cypress BLE Dongles to communicate between PSoC6 BLE and PC. So, you have to use Cypress dongle CY5677 CySmart USB Dongle to make connection.

Please refer to this thread link for example code on sending/receiving data from PSoC6 BLE.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

mayo,

To clarify your question:  Do I assume correctly you want some sort of UART terminal-like feature using BLE between the PSoC6 and the PC?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Yes, exactly, a wireless connection between PSoC and PC via Bluetooth

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 20:24 LePo_1062026 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

mayo,

In your case, it might be easier than needing a C# application.  There are many Terminal programs out there for the PC.  What you need is a .ini file that associates the BLE port with a COM assignment.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

hi again that part is not my question.

let me explain better

I want to send text from my phone or PC (from the CySmart app/tool) and receive it in PSoC

I would greatly appreciate if someone give a example code or a little help to do that.

thank you so much

0 Likes

Hello,

It is recommended to use only Cypress BLE Dongles to communicate between PSoC6 BLE and PC. So, you have to use Cypress dongle CY5677 CySmart USB Dongle to make connection.

Please refer to this thread link for example code on sending/receiving data from PSoC6 BLE.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes