MiniProg4 programming problem with Cypress Programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OkBa_4438736
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

We are using MiniProg6 to program our PSoC6 device.

when we program in modustoolbox, everything is straightforward and programming is successful.

And afterward PSoC 6 starts to run the program.

We get the following output:

prog_modus.jpg

When we use Cypress Programmer, it also programs successful.

However, the program does not run on my PSOC 6 device.

prog_cypress2.jpg

prog_cypress.jpg

We would really liked to know what is wrong with the Cypress Programmer as we simply cannot use it.

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

The problem is because you are using "<app_name>.elf" and not "<app_name>_final.elf".

Reason: When you build your application in ModusToolbox 1.1, there are three types of .elf files generated namely <app_name>.elf, <app_name>_signed.elf and <app_name>_final.elf. Please have a look at "cymcuelftool_postbuild.bash" located in the path "C:/ModusToolbox_1.1/libraries/psoc6sw-1.1/makefiles/platforms/PSoC6_cm4_dual/" to understand what these files mean. I would suggest using the <app_name>_final.elf because it is generated after merging the signed elf files of CM0p and CM4 application.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

If the Reset Chip checkbox is checked, then the program will run once programmed. From the screenshot of the Cypress Programmer log you attached, it doesn't look like you have clicked Program. The log is what you see when you just click Connect.

Can you please try clicking Program and attaching the log when that occurs?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

Sorry just I uploaded a wrong screenshot.

For sure the problem persists when I click the program button as you can see as follow.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

The problem is because you are using "<app_name>.elf" and not "<app_name>_final.elf".

Reason: When you build your application in ModusToolbox 1.1, there are three types of .elf files generated namely <app_name>.elf, <app_name>_signed.elf and <app_name>_final.elf. Please have a look at "cymcuelftool_postbuild.bash" located in the path "C:/ModusToolbox_1.1/libraries/psoc6sw-1.1/makefiles/platforms/PSoC6_cm4_dual/" to understand what these files mean. I would suggest using the <app_name>_final.elf because it is generated after merging the signed elf files of CM0p and CM4 application.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Thank you ! this solved the issue.

0 Likes