Lot issue with S29GL101GS?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
legr_4655041
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am experiencing a high amount of what is a suspected "lock up" condition with the S29GL101GS flash part.  When commanding an erase, seems like the flash took the command, per ISE iMPACT, but it just sits, never completing the operation.  This is on a large batch of parts.  Configuration in the ISE iMPACT tool has been verified as correct, as other S29GL101GS parts work without issue.  Unfortunately I don't have the lot/date info on the passing parts. 

I believe the lot/date code is : "744BB053 C"

Is there a possible issue with the above lot/date code?

Thank you,

Lee G.

0 Likes
9 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Could you please provide more details about how you are testing and observing this failure?

How many devices are showing this failure? Are you observing this issue with all of the devices with lot code "744BB053 C"?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sudheesh,

In regards to how we are testing and observing this failure, we are simply, within ISE iMPACT, attempting to send a sector erase command prior to programming, and get no response from the device, causing the GUI to hang. We tried a simple program, same issue, no response from the device, GUI hangs. It is only occurring with this device, and so far, only the date/lot code below.

So far, I believe we have seen this on about 20 devices, with a possibility of more in the short term.

Thanks,

Lee G.

0 Likes

Hello,

Could you please let me know the complete part number (MPN) of passing and failing units?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

The part number is: GL01GS10FAI01

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for providing the complete part number. We are discussing this issue internally with our product experts. We will get back to you with our comments as soon as possible. Could you please let us know, from where did you purchase these devices? Is it from a distributor?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Cypress ensures products which are shipped conform to our outgoing quality and reliability standards. To assist you further with this case, we would like to know, from where did you purchase these devices? is it from any of our authorized distributors (https://www.cypress.com/cypress-franchised-distributors )?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hello Lee,

As further discussions may contain confidential information, can you please create a support case so we can continue the discussion?

Please go to https://www.cypress.com/ , click "DESIGN SUPPORT" at the top of the page, then click "Create a Support Case" at the left. It will bring you to the salesforce login page. Register if you are not a registered user. Then you will be able to create a technical support case there.

Let us know if you have any troubles to create the technical support case.

Thanks,

Yong

0 Likes

Yes I will, but I really need an answer ASAP. Production is affected at this time, and I have been waiting more than a week for a SIMPLE answer!

0 Likes

Newark is where we purchased the devices.

0 Likes