Azure X509 MQTT for Type 1LD module - Wiced studio 6.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SrKK_4261301
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

i Team,

I would like to try X509 security method MQTT over wiced studio for Murata type 1LD module.

Regular SAS token method is working with link MQTT with Microsoft Azure

The credentials are validated with PC application "MQTT Explorer". X509 does'nt required CA Root file from client side. Only Client Cert and Key.

Also username is must and password is not required.

pastedImage_1.png

I have tried following changes. But, not connecting to server .

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

Tried Wiced version 6.4 as well. The code stuck at Opening connection. ....

pastedImage_8.png

Please help.

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith KK

0 Likes
9 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please provide me with the application code you are working at to reproduce the same error ?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Aditi,

Thank  you for response.

Refer below link . Source code is attached "pub_sub_azure.zip".

MQTT with Microsoft Azure

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith KK

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Since you have mentioned that X509 doesn't required CA Root file from client side, are you using self-signed certificates instead for your application?

Thanks

Hi Aditi,

The server works with help of only Client certificate and client key.  CA root file is not mandatory.

it will be great , if you can help me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith KK

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aditi_B

Hi,

I ran the same code pub_sub_azure.zip and was able to successfully connect . You need to add the password which is of the format "SharedAccessSignature sr=xxx.azure-devices.net%2Fdevices%2Fxxx&sig=HmLVzmjAioHPM7VBmgOPapuhPc15eqAGYe7lbYrlK8w%3D&se=1506406521" and this SAS token is generated through the Device Explorer twin.

Following link will help:

Posting a Message to Azure IoT Hub

PFA

Thanks

Hi Aditi,

I hope, you have clearly read my question which i posted earlier.

i have successfully tested this with SAS token method many times earlier with this code and now i am trying with X509 authentication method which doesn't required  "Password" as well as "Root CA Certificate".

This method has proven in PC application as well as some Cellular modules.  Please help if you can support with server communication method which i mentioned earlier.

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith KK

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Could you please provide us the relative document you are using for azure as well as the azure document you are using for the security mechanism to better understand the problem.

Thanks

Hi Aditi,

This is what i am looking. I hope, this will make you clear now at least.

Azure Device Provisioning Server over MQTT using x509 Certificates | Busbyland - Azure IoT Playgroun...

Meanwhile, i have verified my credentials with PC application "MQTT explorer" and its working. I hope, you will support me here.

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith KK

HI Aditi,

Do you have some solution on my previous query ? It seems, this is latest communication method adopted by Azure MQTT and more people are following this.

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith KK

0 Likes