CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer() returns error code 71 (CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_SEQUENCE)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have created a manual  DMA multi channel. When I commit the data to the consumer, sometimes the function fails, returning error code 71. To find the root cause for this, I am wondering what can cause this error code. Does anybody have some more details on this? Thanks.

-Silvio

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Sil

I had the same error in my firmware. I think that it occur when all buffers  in multidmachanel  is full. Now I check are there any empty buffer before calling CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now added additional logic that should prevent buffer overflow. If there is no free bufer available, I will call CyU3PDmaMultiChannelDiscardBuffer() to drop the current input buffer. However, I still get return value 71 after some time. I added a call to CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetStatus() and found that status of DMA channel is DMA_ACTIVE. Does it mean I cannot discard the current producer buffer if DMA is active?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify: Now I get return value 71 from CyU3PDmaMultiChannelDiscardBuffer()

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you still having this problem? If not what was your solution? Thanks

0 Likes
leda_289486
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 100 replies posted
        Hi, I have still the same error / behavior. The problem is once this appears, I cannot retrieve a correct behavior after, there is nothing else to do but rebooting the FX3. What can be done to restart ?   
0 Likes
RaN_283461
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Daml,

Do you mean to say that after adding the discard buffer this issue has decreased ??

Caus i get this error many times, not able to attain a proper solution till now.

Rags

0 Likes
leda_289486
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi,

What I mean is when I reach this error, there are no more transfers at all.

I have to reboot FX3.

0 Likes
RaN_283461
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Yes i also face the same kidn of issue, but when this occurs my transfers are still active, ofcourse the data rate is hit but its still active..

Rags

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I face the same problem,  when commit buffer return error code 71.  and I call  CyU3PDmaMultiChannelDiscardBuffer() to solve this problem, but It still error.

why no people answer this problem?  I find many developers encounter this.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have met this issue,Does anybody resolve it?

Sincere,

Jun

0 Likes