Data Transfer problem using Streamer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

Just tested the firmware, have some problem/question:

(1) First, use control center to test the 16KB IN or OUT endpoint, but both have inifnite capacity, never full/block, why?

(2) Second, use streamer to stream data to 16KB OUT endpint, even you don't stream in from the 16KB IN endpoint, it will continue forever with 300MB/s+

(3) When stream in data from 16KB IN endpoint, whether there was a running stream out to 16KB OUT endpoint or not, the stream in operation will operate at 300MB/s+ for <1second then go to very low like 1MB/s, if you stop it then start again ,all packet will be fail.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

I tried at my end. These are debug traces i got when i connect two FX3 using jumper wires (PCLK, GND, DQ31)

gpif_serial_ort.PNG

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

1 First, use control center to test the 16KB IN or OUT endpoint, but both have inifnite capacity, never full/block, why?

(2) Second, use streamer to stream data to 16KB OUT endpint, even you don't stream in from the 16KB IN endpoint, it will continue forever with 300MB/s+

>> The GpifToUsb examples have only one interfacing signal that is the PCLK (which increases the throughput) unlike Slavefifo interface which as multiple interfacing signals.

As soon as the PCLK is there FX3 starts to sample the data on the GPIF interface and fills the DMA buffers.

3) When stream in data from 16KB IN endpoint, whether there was a running stream out to 16KB OUT endpoint or not, the stream in operation will operate at 300MB/s+ for <1second then go to very low like 1MB/s, if you stop it then start again ,all packet will be fail.

>> Please confirm that you provide the PCLK.

- Please explain/restate the question mentioned in response 20.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

The hareware have been tested with master/slave, data can be transfered on both direction.

You can see that each event=16 corresponds to one OK packet on the right.

Did you check whether you have those event=16 messages?

1.jpg

0 Likes

Hello,

I tried at my end. These are debug traces i got when i connect two FX3 using jumper wires (PCLK, GND, DQ31)

gpif_serial_ort.PNG

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

You didn't use the exact board stack as described in AN87216? Then your firmware may not work on stacked board since there may be IO conflictions.

0 Likes

Hello,

As per my understanding that shouldn't matter. Due to the hardware constraints I cannot connect as in AN  87216. So i am using individual jumper wires for interfacing signals i.e. PCLK and GND

As you are using the connector, can you try not using the connector jaust use 3 jumper wires for routing PCLK, GND and DQ31 (or any data pin ).

The firmware shouldn't be a problem here as it just samples the GPIF lines when proper clock is connected on PCLK.

Just to check whether the connector you are using is  not creating the issue can you check  with setup as above. Also let me know that you haven't done any changes to CYUSB3KIT-003 kit

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes