FX3 Get commands

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DhN_4227681
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

I want to send the commands from GUI--->FX3--->ZYNQ(like $ZYNSAEC9945678#94!), in this FX3 will act as a 'master' and ZYNQ will act as a 'slave' and again i have to slip this ZYNQ to 'master' and FX3 as a 'slave' to getting the commands given form GUI side.

I getting the commands upto from GUI to ZYNQ, but i am not the getting the commands from ZYNQ to FX3. can you help to solve this problem?

Attached the FX3 file and ZYNQ file.

Regrads

Dhanuja

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Dhanuja,

Can you please let us know your application in detail. Do you want FX3 to be configured from a master to slave dynamically?

Alternatively, you can read the commands from the FPGA while FX3 is the still the master and perform the required actions, this can be done by notifying the FX3 from the FPGA  whenever FPGA has data to send.

Please refer to AN87216 on Designing a GPIF II master interface section "6.3 FX3 Master Read from FX3 Slave" for steps to read data from FPGA when FX3 is the master.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Dhanuja,

Can you please let us know your application in detail. Do you want FX3 to be configured from a master to slave dynamically?

Alternatively, you can read the commands from the FPGA while FX3 is the still the master and perform the required actions, this can be done by notifying the FX3 from the FPGA  whenever FPGA has data to send.

Please refer to AN87216 on Designing a GPIF II master interface section "6.3 FX3 Master Read from FX3 Slave" for steps to read data from FPGA when FX3 is the master.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Shall i add the another cypress fx3 slave for receiving the commands from FPGA to FX3?

And how to know whether the FGPA is sending the commands or not to FX3?

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know what type of commands you will receive from the FPGA side?

You can configure FX3 to act as a master and design a state machine such that when ever FPGA has commands to send to FX3, it will notify the FX3 through a GPIO, and these commands can be handled in the FX3 firmware.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

The commands is $ZYNGAEC32000#64! in ZYNQ side to FX3 side we have to send it.

Ok, i will change the state machine in fx3.

0 Likes