insall cyprogrammer_2.1.0.226 on a raspbery pi4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VaFl_4649796
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello everybody;

I'm french and I work for electronic test development.

Can someone explane to me how to correctly install the cyprogrammer_2.1.0.226 on a raspberry pi4.

I have installed Rasbian for the OS and unpacked the CyProgrammer_2.1.0.226.tar.gz

tar -xvzf Cyprogrammer_2.1.0.<build>.tar.gz

and after ru the

./install_rules.sh.

like intalling cypress guide page 9: INSTALLING FOR UBUNTU

When I want to run CypGui. there is no reaction ans no graphic interface.

How can I use Cypressprogrammer software in this configuration (Rapberry pi4 with rasbian OS) To program my CYBLE222014-01 whith a mini prog4 (CY8KIT-005)

Thanks for your answers

1 Solution

Hello vafl_4649796,

I apologize if my reply was confusing. I will try to clear your queries.

do you want to say that when you use Cypress Programmer with the Raspberry Pi3, you have a good result? or you have the same as mine?

I will explain the steps that I did.  I first installed Cypress Programmer on a Raspberry Pi 3. I was not able to run the software.

Next, to confirm that the procedure I used to install Cypress Programmer is right, I installed Cypress Programmer on a Laptop with Ubuntu OS. I was able to run the software on the laptop.

if you have the same result as mine; it means that perhaps the Raspberry is not interpreted like a 64 bits by linux while it is a 64 bits so that it respond armv7l.

Like it is displayed in the screenshot that you have added in your comment, the architecture supported is armv7l which is a 32-bit architecture. You are correct in your understanding. Even though the Raspberry Pi is 64 bit the implementation of the Linux Kernel interprets it as 32-bit architecture. You can find more information regarding this here - Raspberry pi 4 shows armv7l at lscpu command?

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello vafl_4649796​,

I tried installing Cypress Programmer on a Raspberry Pi 3 and I am able to reproduce the issue.

In Cypress Programmer GUI User Guide ​under System Prerequisites it is mentioned that Cypress Programmer is only supported in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (x64) distribution as shown -

pastedImage_0.png

I also tried installing Cypress Programmer on an Ubuntu machine just to confirm and followed the same procedure. I was able to run Cypress Programmer successfully.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

thanks for your help; The image file i have installed is the same as you tell. (The Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (x64))

Can you explane how you install Cyprogrammer succesfully?

can you check my procedure : (Cypress user guide page9)

-I have download and unpack file CyProgrammer_2.1.0.226.tar.gz in my Documents directory in a folder name CyProgrammer_2.1.0.226

-then I have run the file intall_rules.sh so that the script copy the file 57-cypress_programmer.rules to the directory /etc/udev/rules.d

-After this When I try to run CypGui; nothing happends.

Do you think something is wrong in my installation or in my linux config?

Regards,

Florent

0 Likes

Hello vafl_4649796,

Can you please confirm the OS distribution that you are using? You have mentioned that you are using Raspbian OS -

How can I use Cypressprogrammer software in this configuration (Rapberry pi4 with rasbian OS) To program

Raspbian is not supported by Cypress Programmer Software. Can you please run this  - "lsb_release -a" command and share the results?

Regarding in the installation procedure, that is correct, I followed the same procedure mentioned in Cypress Programmer GUI User Guide ​page 9 as shown and it worked for me.

pastedImage_3.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello

this is the result of the command

pastedImage_0.png

at first i have tryed to install rasbian for my apllication but when i have read the user guide of Cypressprogrammer, i understand that it doesn't work with rasbian so i have changes for ubuntu 18.04.4.

do you know the command to know if i'm realy whith the os 64 bits inn atachment the result of a uname -a command ?

pastedImage_6.png

Thanks

Florent

0 Likes

Hello vafl_4649796,

I found these links that might help you with your query -

How to Find if Linux is Running on 32-bit or 64-bit?

Raspberry pi 4 - x64 Processor ?

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello,

This is the result for asking  32 or 64 bits

pastedImage_0.png

Can you give me please a precision about your first publication because my english is not beautiful and i don't realy undesrtand an expression .

When you say:

I tried installing Cypress Programmer on a Raspberry Pi 3 and I am able to reproduce the issue.

do you want to say that when you use Cypress Programmer with the Raspberry Pi3, you have a good result? or you have the same as mine?

if you have the same result as mine; it means that perhaps the Raspberry is not interpreted like a 64 bits by linux while it is a 64 bits so that it respond armv7l.

What do you think about this?

0 Likes

Hello;

I have translate your expression and i now understand that you've tryed Cypress Programmer with a pi3 and that it doesn't run

The Pi3 is a 32 bit Arcitecture

The Pi4 is a 64 bit architecture

I hope that the problem comes from Linux that interpreted the Raspbery like a 32 bit .

do you think my problem is related to this?

Have you got a solution?

thanks a lot

Florent

0 Likes

Hello vafl_4649796,

I apologize if my reply was confusing. I will try to clear your queries.

I will explain the steps that I did.  I first installed Cypress Programmer on a Raspberry Pi 3. I was not able to run the software.

Next, to confirm that the procedure I used to install Cypress Programmer is right, I installed Cypress Programmer on a Laptop with Ubuntu OS. I was able to run the software on the laptop.

Like it is displayed in the screenshot that you have added in your comment, the architecture supported is armv7l which is a 32-bit architecture. You are correct in your understanding. Even though the Raspberry Pi is 64 bit the implementation of the Linux Kernel interprets it as 32-bit architecture. You can find more information regarding this here - Raspberry pi 4 shows armv7l at lscpu command?

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes