AP interface fluctuates when STA interface tries to connect to router

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

We are facing a persistent problem of softAP interface fluctuating (momentarily goes down and comes back up) when the STA interface tries to connect to a router.

--> AP is active with a client connected.

--> Client sends command to connect to external Access Point and waits for response.

--> Success/Failure responses are not sent because the client has been disconnected and socket is no longer active.

I am using MXCHIP-EMW3162 module with BCM43362A2 chip and WICED SDK 3.3.1. I have had quite a few attempts at this with no success. Any help would be really great as this feature has become critical to the product at this point of time.

Best Regards,

Avinash

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which OS/Network stack are you using?

Are the AP and the STA on the same RF channel?

Are you using any of the WLAN powersave modes?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.

I am using FreeRTOS with LwIP stack

I have tried using all the powersave modes, disabling, with_throughput, etc. Also, I have left it default. Same result on all of them.

The softAP and the STA were on the same channel. After your message, I tried separating it. In essence, I wrote Channel 2 for AP and Channel 1 for STA in the wifi_config_dct.h. Is this correct? Sorry, but I do not have much of an understanding of what the channels mean.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. I downloaded and tried the procedure with the latest release of WICED 3.5.2. The problem does not seem to go away.

A community member here: https://community.broadcom.com/message/21535#21535

had the same problem and it seemed to go away after changing IP range for AP mode. I tried the same, however, with TCP.

Does anything in the problem suggest that using UDP might be a way forward. This will require some architecture change in our product and I am not very enthusiastic at this time for such a change.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash

0 Likes