Can I use BCM9WCDPLUS114 to post twitter?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can I use BCM9WCDPLUS114 to post twitter through twitter web page API?

kai.ren

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't looked at the Twitter API in detail so I cannot provide any further help.

If anyone else is interested in adding Twitter support to WICED and has had experience using the Twitter API feel free to jump in and lend a hand.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use any WICED Wi-Fi platform to post to Twitter however there are a number of software modules that need to be written/ported.

Twitter uses OAuth for authentication however WICED currently does not provide an OAuth implementation in the SDK. There are a number of libraries readily available in source that can be ported to WICED however you will need to do this yourself.

On top of OAuth you will also need to implement the code to generate the REST queries as specified by the Twitter API.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

"There are a number of libraries readily available in source that can be ported to WICED however you will need to do this yourself."

Can you provide the libraries' detail for me? Then, I can download it to study and I can start to port.

I found that Arduino have twitter library, Arduino Playground - Twitter Library

It does not tweet directly from your Arduino. It sends your tweets to a website, which then tweets it from there.

The method you mentioned is same with Arduino?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick search resulting in this: https://code.google.com/p/oauth/source/browse/code/c/#c%2Fliboauth%2Fsrc

I cannot comment on it's quality or completeness as I haven't looked at it in detail but it should give you a head start.

Porting an OAuth implementation will permit the WICED module to communicate with the Twitter servers directly and will not need a second party involved. An Arduino doesn't usually have the resources required to perform the cryptographic handshake and so the complex parts of the handshaking protocol are offloaded to another server (This depends on the hardware configuration of the Arduino).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the oauth resource, I have started to test it on my arm platform.

I have read the twitter developer API, as my understanding, if I want to send a twitter from embedded system, I need to register a instance and get appkey, appsecret, tokenkey and tokensecret, right?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't looked at the Twitter API in detail so I cannot provide any further help.

If anyone else is interested in adding Twitter support to WICED and has had experience using the Twitter API feel free to jump in and lend a hand.