Can not control the GPIO while sleep.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaSe_1778651
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 50 sign-ins First solution authored

Dear Cypress,

Recently, we've found an issue in Modustoolbox2.0.

We set the GPIO to high and enter sleep mode. And the 89820 could not maintain the status of GPIO.

I reviewed the "CYW208xx BLE Low-Power Guidelines" document and the GPIO will hold the latest level.

But after entering the sleep mode, we could not get the proper level (0.1 ~ 0.3).

Could you let me know how to hold the GPIO even though entering the sleep mode?

Regards,

Wayne

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

To attach a file.

Please click on the "Use advanced editor" button on the right top corner of reply editor window to open advanced editor. You will be able to see an attach button on this advanced editor.

Capture.JPG

Instead of changing the name of 20819 application, you will have to select 89820 platform and then select the application.

If you directly download the application of 20819 into 89820 board, then the application may not work properly because the platform files (configurations) are different.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please let me know which application are you using? It would be great if you can provide us your application code which shows this error. Is it happens for all GPIOs or for some particular GPIO?

Did you configured the GPIOs correctly as mentioned in 3.5.5 GPIOs in CYW208xx BLE Low-Power Guidelines?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi,

I'm trying to upload the whole source code in this thread but could not find the way.

Could you let me know how to?

Anyway, my testing application name is "low_power_20819" and changed name from 20819 to 89820.

The testing code is allowed with "WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN".

And I called the API like below:

=============================================

wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_GET_PIN_FOR_LED(0), GPIO_OUTPUT_ENABLE, GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

wiced_hal_gpio_slimboot_reenforce_cfg(WICED_GET_PIN_FOR_LED(0), GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

wiced_hal_gpio_set_pin_output(WICED_GET_PIN_FOR_LED(0), GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

wiced_hal_gpio_slimboot_reenforce_cfg(WICED_GET_PIN_FOR_LED(0), GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

=============================================

Tested these codes in various way.

1. Call "slimboot_reenforce_cfg" only

A. Configure the PIN

B. Call "slimboot_reenforce_cfg" to low

C. Enter to the sleep

2. Call "set pinout" and "slimboot_reenforce_cfg"

A. Configure the PIN

C. Call "set pinout" to low

D. Enter to the sleep

3. Call "set pinout" and "slimboot_reenforce_cfg" once more

A. Configure the PIN

C. Call "set pinout" to low

D. Call "slimboot_reenforce_cfg" to low

E. Enter to the sleep

But 89820 could not hold the GPIO with any scenario.

Regards,

Wayne

0 Likes

Hi,

To attach a file.

Please click on the "Use advanced editor" button on the right top corner of reply editor window to open advanced editor. You will be able to see an attach button on this advanced editor.

Capture.JPG

Instead of changing the name of 20819 application, you will have to select 89820 platform and then select the application.

If you directly download the application of 20819 into 89820 board, then the application may not work properly because the platform files (configurations) are different.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj 

0 Likes