help me understanding with CYW20706 module.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkJa_4647796
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi all,

i am using CYBT-343026-01 module interfacing with msp430. i want to ask how to communicate both the device with RX and T pins or i need RTS and CTS pins aslo. and how to use hci commands?

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiDa_1966691
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

AkJa,

Cypress has an Eval Development kit for the CYBT-343026 Module

CYBT-343026-EVAL EZ-BT™ Module Arduino Evaluation Board to evaluate and develop applications on the EZ-BT WICED Module

In the provided link above you will see the user’s guide and the schematics that show how the UART is connected.

For a quick prototype testing: You could purchase one of these Eval boards and hook up to your MPS430 UART.

This way you can get it all working before making any hardware.

For information on HCI Command – Please check out

WICED HCI UART Control Protocol
https://www.cypress.com/design-guides/wiced-hci-uart-control-protocol

-Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MiDa_1966691
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

AkJa,

Cypress has an Eval Development kit for the CYBT-343026 Module

CYBT-343026-EVAL EZ-BT™ Module Arduino Evaluation Board to evaluate and develop applications on the EZ-BT WICED Module

In the provided link above you will see the user’s guide and the schematics that show how the UART is connected.

For a quick prototype testing: You could purchase one of these Eval boards and hook up to your MPS430 UART.

This way you can get it all working before making any hardware.

For information on HCI Command – Please check out

WICED HCI UART Control Protocol
https://www.cypress.com/design-guides/wiced-hci-uart-control-protocol

-Mike

Thank you for your help

0 Likes

HI,

Adding to the last response.

CYBT_343026 have two UART ports - HCI UART and Peripheral UART.

You need to connect HCI UART for programming / sending HCI commands . You have to connect RTS , CTS pins as well. You can directly send standard HCI commands .

For evaluating HCI interface you can try using our GUI tool (CyBluetool) : CyBluetool User's Guide CyBluetool (Windows Installer)

Thanks,
Anjana