BLE 5.0 to UART gateway

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

I have already created a BLE 4.2 to UART gateway in PSoC Creator 4.2 for a PSoC 4 device. This project is based on the BLE_UART  Project from 100 projects in 100 days.

Now, I try to reproduce the same functionality for a BLE 5.0 device with external antenna (CYW920819EVB-02 eval board / I'm waiting for the CYBT-2630xx-02 module) with Modus Toolbox 2. But I couldn't find any helpful example project. I tried to evaluate the BLE_Throughput_Measurement.GATT_server project, but I don't know where to start and how to configure my BLE stack...

1. Is it right to use Modus Toolbox 2 to program CYW920819EVB-02 eval board and CYBT-2630xx-02 module when it is released?
  2. Are there any examples for my purposes?
  3. Will there be a BLE 5.0 module for PSoC Creator 4.3 with external antenna support?
  4. How can I configure my BLE module? In PSoC Creator there was a really nice configuration tool like this:

Creator.PNG

In Modus Toolbox there isn't a possibility to setup GAP and L2CAP Settings like this:

modus.PNG

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards!

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Exactly same app to demonstrate UART-BLE may not be available in WICED chips.

But, You can go through the sample applications given in the WBT lab manual to create similar application. (Goto Projects folder).

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Also, in many application (Eg: Hello_sensor, gatt_db) configuration of transport has been shown. (wiced_transport_cfg_t).

1. Yes, you can use ModusToolbox to program these devices.  But, Modules are not supported in Modus as of now.

2. There is no direct example.

3. As of now there is no module with external antenna in PSOC which support BLE5.0. Please follow https://www.cypress.com/products/ble-bluetooth

4. You can use Bluetooth Configurator for few configurations on GATT, SDP,GAP, L2CAP, etc... and Bluetooth stack configuration parameters are listed in wiced_app_cfg.c in the application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Exactly same app to demonstrate UART-BLE may not be available in WICED chips.

But, You can go through the sample applications given in the WBT lab manual to create similar application. (Goto Projects folder).

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Also, in many application (Eg: Hello_sensor, gatt_db) configuration of transport has been shown. (wiced_transport_cfg_t).

1. Yes, you can use ModusToolbox to program these devices.  But, Modules are not supported in Modus as of now.

2. There is no direct example.

3. As of now there is no module with external antenna in PSOC which support BLE5.0. Please follow https://www.cypress.com/products/ble-bluetooth

4. You can use Bluetooth Configurator for few configurations on GATT, SDP,GAP, L2CAP, etc... and Bluetooth stack configuration parameters are listed in wiced_app_cfg.c in the application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Thanks for your reply DheerajP_41​,

I decided to use the preprogrammed EZ-Serial communication interface with CySPP. It would be great, if you could answer my questions in this post.

Best Regards!

0 Likes