[CCG3PA] How can I check the code size of example code about CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
luja_4640421
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm planing to start the project with CCG3pa. firstly, I need to know how to handle PSoC Creator to generate binary file for my project.

So I've downloaded CCGx Power SDK and install PSoC Creator 4.2. and open CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb project file to check the code sizes.

After building the project, I can see the binary file which is "CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb.cyacd". this size is 128Kb. even hex file size is 144Kb.

I'm confused with this size, because CCG3PA has only 64Kb flash and 8Kb sram.

So I'd like to know how to check the real code size after compiling project.

because I will write more code inside this project, I should make sure it will be good enough with this 64Kb flash.

Thanks,

Luke.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Luke,

Each time you build the project, you can check the actual FW size in the output window:

pastedImage_0.png

The PSoC Creator will automatically check the code size. If your code exceeed the limit, your build process will fail.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Luke,

Each time you build the project, you can check the actual FW size in the output window:

pastedImage_0.png

The PSoC Creator will automatically check the code size. If your code exceeed the limit, your build process will fail.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
luja_4640421
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply. I just check it as you said.

Luke.

0 Likes