Can't program CY8CPROTO-062-4343W in Mbed Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

I’ve built a simple application in Mbed Studio and want it to run on the device.

But “triangle button” is inactive.

Important detail: when I connected my platform by USB, I wasn’t prompted to make it active platform.

Nevertheless I selected my platform in the list of platforms.

But still don’t see the USB sign at the left of platform name, that should mean that Mbed Studio recognized my platform.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The fw-loader tool which comes with ModusToolbox is also available for download as a standalone tool. You can download it from here: Releases · cypresssemiconductorco/Firmware-loader · GitHub

Having ModusToolbox just makes it easier to have all tools housed together.

Glad it works now

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

13 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Mbed Studio recognizes the target only when it is in DAPLink mode. Please click on the mode switch to switch to Kitprog3 DAPLink mode. In DAPLink mode the status LED ramps at 2 Hz frequency.

Refer Section 2.2.3 Mode Switching for more information in the Kitprog3 User Guide.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you for suggestion.

The platform is in DAP-link mode: when I put cursor over USB peripheral, I see the following: "Eject KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP"

And here is what I see in Mbed Studio:

Mbed_Studio_doesnt_recognize_platform.JPG

As you can state, the "program triangle" is deactivated and also there is no "green USB symbol" at the left of the platform name

0 Likes

When you are in DAPLink mode, you should see a DAPLink drive being shown. Do you see that?

pastedImage_0.png

I assume you have mbed-cli installed. If yes, please type in the following command see if your board is being listed:

>> mbed detect

pastedImage_2.png

Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

No, I don't see any DAPLINK drive in windows explorer.

Concerning mbed detect, here it is (note that the platform is connected over USB):

mbed_detect.JPG

0 Likes

Please connect to the Kitprog3 USB port as shown below:

/media/uploads/IYM/modified_4.png

It's (and was) the case:

20200217_160237.jpg

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I am assuming you have installed ModusToolbox. It comes with the fw-loader packaged. Please run the attached bat script and check if the DAPLink drive is seen.

Regards,

Dheeraj

No, I have no ModusToolbox on Windows machine. Only Mbed Studio.

I considered them as separated tools. Am I wrong ?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

They are seperate tools but ModusToolbox comes with some tools packaged which lets you upgrade firmware of the Kitprog3. Please install ModusToolbox from here.

Once installed, please run the bat script attached and let me know if the DAPLink drive is visible.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Yes, now it works.

Thanks !

Whatever I find a little odd - in order to operate a tool you have to install another.

Here I stress, that it is about another tool, quite bulky ... not a small driver.

0 Likes

The fw-loader tool which comes with ModusToolbox is also available for download as a standalone tool. You can download it from here: Releases · cypresssemiconductorco/Firmware-loader · GitHub

Having ModusToolbox just makes it easier to have all tools housed together.

Glad it works now

Regards,

Dheeraj

Can I now deinstall ModusToolbox because I have it already on Linux machine ?

0 Likes

Yes you can

Regards,

Dheeraj