What kind of I2C EEPROM and SPI FLASH memories can work with CX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am developing a PCB that embeds a CX3. Both memories which are in e-Con DENEBOLA CX3 RDK Schematics are the following:

I2C EEPROM ->  model  AT24C1024B-TH-B   from  Microchip Technology.

SPI FLASH    ->  model  M25P40-VMN6TPB  from Micron Technology.

The problem is that both memories are not available, so, it is possible to know if there are any others which can work with the CX3, and of course with the same characteristics?

Thanks so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please kindly refer to this KBA for flash selection:

Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...

You can also refer to AN76405 https://www.cypress.com/file/201991/download  for the selection of EEPROM and flash.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

Please kindly refer to this KBA for flash selection:

Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...

You can also refer to AN76405 https://www.cypress.com/file/201991/download  for the selection of EEPROM and flash.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Hi, thanks so much.

I guess it is not necessary to add both memories on the PCB. I mean, why is it necessary to have two non-volatile memories to store the CX3 image?

Or is it completely necessary to have both in order to get a good behaviour of the CX3?

Thanks.

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

Either one of them is applicable. You just need one place to store your firmware.

Regards,
Eddie