How to set the SPI2 as the NVRAM Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I can download the app either in EEPROM or spi flash use the SDK,however ,here comes the question that the SDK has set the SPI1 or IIC  as the interface,Our product  want to set the SPI2  as the interface,I know I need to reconfig the SDK environment,but I did't find where to config the GPIO definition and SPI2,do you have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Related to the I2C interface, SCL+SDA on pins shared with SPIFFY1 (SPI1).

So you are correct, I2C and SPI1 (SPIFFY1) cannot be used at the same time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

It is not possible to configure SPI2 for nvram access.

More details is in "HW interfaces.pdf" within your IDE.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you ,but if we want to connect to some IIC sensors,there seems to no IIC lines for me to choose,do you have any sugestions.

best regards

1212470128@st.usst.edu.cn

0 Likes

Have you seen the WICED Sense Kit?

WICED Sense Table of Contents

This device leverages the SiP module and the I2C bus for interfacing with the onboard sensors.

The TOC link above links to the source code.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry,we don't have this this kit,we are evaluating the tag3.

I can download it from the community.

0 Likes

The WICED Sense kit can be obtained relatively inexpensively (about $20 USD): 產品介紹

Per the document linked previously by boont​, SPI1 is a higher speed interface designed to be used with external flash.

SPI2 is available.  I2C is what's used on our boards for interfacing to sensors.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

but the Hardware Interface says that when using IIC as NV storage,the SPI1 is not avalible.thus,if I use SPI1 as NV storage, Can I use the IIC to communicate with other slave device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Besides,we select the SPI1 flash as the NVstorage and also want to connect to some other IIC slave device

0 Likes

Related to the I2C interface, SCL+SDA on pins shared with SPIFFY1 (SPI1).

So you are correct, I2C and SPI1 (SPIFFY1) cannot be used at the same time.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

get it,thank you.

0 Likes

Thanks for the explanation about I2C and SPI1.

1. Can we get an update if I2C and SPI2 can be used at the NVRAM interface?

2. Can we get a pointer on making SPI2 the default SFLASH interface?

3. The "WICED Smart™ Hardware Interfaces.pdf" states "The SPIFFY1 interface supports only the master mode of operation which is dedicated to accessing non-volatile (NV) storage items such as configuration, patches, application code, and application data". Can we make SPIFFY2 in master mode as the NV Storage device?

0 Likes

I2C is used as the NVRAM interface on our development kit and on the WICED Sense experience kit. SPI2 is the slower of the two SOI interfaces on the device, so I have never seen it used as an NVRAM interface.  SPI1 and I2C shares pins, so you can only use one or the other.  The WICED Smart Hardware Interfaces​ document explains much of this.

Again, I have never seen this done as it is much slower than SPI/SPIFFY 1.  Not to say it wont work, just there are no examples to follow.

See above.

boont

0 Likes